Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A very Special Registeel.

Go down 
+3
CaseyR
Gastrotress
The Average Battler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5850

A very Special Registeel. Empty
PostSubject: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Here is my idea for a special attacking Registeel!

Name: Registeel (Brail Face)
Item: Leftovers
Ev's: 252 hp, 100 SpAtk, 156 def.
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moves:
T-wave
Flash Cannon
T-Bolt / Charge Beam
Hp ice / Hp Grass

It's pretty self explanatory, paralyze with t-wave. T-bolt for coverage and more power while charge beam could possibly grab an special attack boost. Hp ice and grass cover ground types. Lastlu, Flash Cannon is for coverage.

Feel free to comment on any faults.
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5874

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:30 pm

The Average Battler wrote:

Moves:
T-wave
Flash Cannon
T-Bolt / Charge Beam
Hp ice / Hp Grass

It's pretty self explanatory, paralyze with t-wave. T-bolt for coverage and more power while charge beam could possibly grab an special attack boost. Hp ice and grass cover ground types. Lastlu, Flash Cannon is for coverage.

Trash flash cannon (which is a terrible move even stab'd (worse than sludge bomb)) and keep charge beam and HP ice. In its new slot stick rest. If you can pass a mean look... oh this will be so much lulz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5976

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Why use Registeel offensively when he can be a much better wall?
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 pm

id say include Charge Beam and use HP Ice. obviously heading for the Bolt-Beam combo and Charge Beam gives you the Special Attack stat you need for Tanking. Flash Cannon really doesnt have great coverage but stab of course. idk what others may say but perhaps rest instead of Twave... could give you the chance to save all of those Special Attack raises but really your probably better off with Twave.

Edit: Lol Gastrotress just beat me to the point
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7469

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Gastrotress wrote:

Moves:
T-wave
Flash Cannon
T-Bolt / Charge Beam
Hp ice / Hp Grass

Trash flash cannon (which is a terrible move even stab'd (worse than sludge bomb)) and keep charge beam and HP ice. In its new slot stick rest. If you can pass a mean look... oh this will be so much lulz Very Happy

Whereas I agree to take Rest on this set with Chesto Berry, I should point out Gas that Flash Cannon is really a bit better than Sludge Bomb as even though they both are resisted by four types, one of those resistances for poison is an immunity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
GaiaAero
Junior Moderator
Junior Moderator

UT points : 6376

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:51 pm

CaseyR wrote:
for the lulz..duh
Pokemon is about having fun :p
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

I know, but usually people complain about stuff like this... they've done it to me!
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 am

CaseyR wrote:
I know, but usually people complain about stuff like this... they've done it to me!

There is a difference, this isn't a novelty set. People complain about novelties that won't work, but fact is that Registeel's Sp.A is the same as his A, so if people always use physical Registeel to good use then there's no reason why special Registeel won't work, in fact it should work better because of its greater special movepool.
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:20 pm

GaiaAero wrote:
CaseyR wrote:
for the lulz..duh
Pokemon is about having fun :p

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Greene wrote:
CaseyR wrote:

There is a difference, this isn't a novelty set. People complain about novelties that won't work, but fact is that Registeel's Sp.A is the same as his A, so if people always use physical Registeel to good use then there's no reason why special Registeel won't work, in fact it should work better because of its greater special movepool.

He is completely right, plus a special registeel has a bit of a surprise factor to it.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:41 pm

i like the idea personally. i didnt even know that his SpA was the same as his Atk, so it seems like it should have been explored before. i see the final set prospering in the future
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:37 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
i like the idea personally. i didnt even know that his SpA was the same as his Atk, so it seems like it should have been explored before. i see the final set prospering in the future

It's weird that noone has ever noticed it before, it's so obvious. I can see headlines now "Special Registeels Takes Nation by Surprise!" it's gonna be epic! lol!
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:56 pm

saxman1324 wrote:

It's weird that noone has ever noticed it before, it's so obvious. I can see headlines now "Special Registeels Takes Nation by Surprise!" it's gonna be epic! lol!

um... i dont know if that much will happen Razz the most you'll probably get is a few other believers that have faced it and use it afterwards
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 pm

I knew his attack and special attack were the same before I posted.
Heh, sorry then.

Alrighty then,
Charge Beam over Thunderbolt for the special attack boost. HP Ice for most grounds and dragons.
I really do think this will work.
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 pm

CaseyR wrote:
Heh, sorry then.

Alrighty then,
Charge Beam over Thunderbolt for the special attack boost. HP Ice for most grounds and dragons.

You think wrong, because this set does great! What you are thinking is that I am using him as a sweeper which I am not. He is a tank meant to come in and wall while dishing out some damage.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 am

CaseyR wrote:
Heh, sorry then.

Alrighty then,

You think wrong, because this set does great! What you are thinking is that I am using him as a sweeper which I am not. He is a tank meant to come in and wall while dishing out some damage.

You realize Casey said it will work right, so in correcting her you are still agreeing with her. And I agree that if this is for tanking then Charge Beam > Thunderbolt since the point of a tank is to power u while walling out the opponent before dealing serious damage.
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

UT points : 5270

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Moves:
T-wave
Flash Cannon
T-Bolt / Charge Beam
Hp ice / Hp Grass

LOL @ name. Brailface.

Charge Beam>T-Bolt, because I would think you would need the Sp.A boost.

HP ice/grass is your choice. I would go HP ice, because you have pretty good coverage already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very Special Registeel.   A very Special Registeel. Empty

Back to top Go down

A very Special Registeel.
Page 1 of 1