Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5652

Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead? Empty
PostSubject: Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?   Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 pm

As all UU players know, the three most common UU leads are Ambipom, Froslass, and Moltres. This Hitmonlee will be designed to be able to at least 2 out of 3 of them

Basic Info:

Hitmonlee@Focus Sash
4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE
Jolly
Limber

Now we're down to the moveset, which is where I'm having problems. My options are:

-Protect
-Fake Out
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Blaze Kick
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch
-Counter
-Reversal

Each has its uses. Protect shields Hitmonlee from Ambipom's Fake Out, as well as scouting out what the opponent will do. Fake Out is always a good move on an anti-lead, to break those pesky Focus Sashes (except Froslass, of course). Mach Punch 2HKOs Ambipom, and is a good STAB priority move. Bullet Punch can work in conjunction with Blaze Kick to take out Froslass (Blaze Kick down to sash, then BP for kill). Stone Edge will take out Moltres after Hitmonlee lives the Overheat or Air Slash with its Focus Sash. Sucker Punch is yet another priority move for Hitmonlee, but Froslass can generally play around it. Counter can be used to take out physical attackers if my Focus Sash remains intact. Reversal works well with Counter and Focus Sash as a 200 base power STAB attack.

Help me make a decision! Razz

Last edited by ARandomBoy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7486

PostSubject: Re: Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?   Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Protect, Mach Punch, and Sucker Punch seem given, Fake Out or Bullet Punch for the last move.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5891

PostSubject: Re: Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?   Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 1:39 pm

i've been using a lead hitmonlee for a while with this set:

Adamant Hitmonlee@ Salac Berry
252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
Close Combat
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Rapid spin/Stone Edge

You do not want to screw with ambipom with hitmonlee; ambipom will kill you with fake out/return and essentially waste your poke. Sure you can use protect, but return will still sting a lot considering hitmonlee's crappy defense. It's eaiser to just switch into a pokemon with naturally high defense or a ghost type (like mismagius who will have great fun setting up).

Oh and I suggest you stay away from reversal; hitmonlee is way too easily priority killed (due to his only okay speed) and doesn't need to be at low health to sweep if he has cc. Sandstorm teams ruin reversal also (to those who will immediately say "this isn't OU" there is an extreme amount of hippopotas leads in UU).

Fake out does work well, especially to stall out weather like rain.

I don't suggest you use blaze kick; stone edge is better by far.

Well that's all the advice I can give you lol
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5652

PostSubject: Re: Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?   Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Gastrotress wrote:
i've been using a lead hitmonlee for a while with this set:

Adamant Hitmonlee@ Salac Berry
252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 HP
Close Combat
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Rapid spin/Stone Edge

You do not want to screw with ambipom with hitmonlee; ambipom will kill you with fake out/return and essentially waste your poke. Sure you can use protect, but return will still sting a lot considering hitmonlee's crappy defense. It's eaiser to just switch into a pokemon with naturally high defense or a ghost type (like mismagius who will have great fun setting up).

Oh and I suggest you stay away from reversal; hitmonlee is way too easily priority killed (due to his only okay speed) and doesn't need to be at low health to sweep if he has cc. Sandstorm teams ruin reversal also (to those who will immediately say "this isn't OU" there is an extreme amount of hippopotas leads in UU).

Fake out does work well, especially to stall out weather like rain.

I don't suggest you use blaze kick; stone edge is better by far.

Well that's all the advice I can give you lol

Somehow my idiotic brain passed over the fact the Stone Edge hits Froslass super effectively. -facepalm-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?   Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hitmonlee: Anti-Lead?
Page 1 of 1