Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Metagross Lead

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5687

RM Metagross Lead Empty
PostSubject: RM Metagross Lead   RM Metagross Lead EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Sup guys! Been awhile since I posted an actual set or team. Actually I don't think I've ever had a team on here. Anyway, I designed this Metagross to counter the standard Machamp/Azelf Lead. However I need some help with the EV tuning. Anyway guys, enjoy =)

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Nature: Rash/Naughty (As of now I'm leaning towards Rash because I might be able to 2HKO standard Azelf Leads with it)
EVs: 244 HP/ 180 SpA/ 52 Atk/ 32 Spe

-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Overview:
Just so you guys know, I don't like gimmicky sets but this set seems to be good, I tested it on shoddy and I got some pretty good success believe it or not. I know the EVs seem strange but allow me to explain them; 32 speed for outspeeding the standard Metagross leads, so that I can at least hit them with an EQ, regardless of the minimal amount of ATK I have in this set; any damage is welcome. The HP is obvious, deducted 4 points so I could put 4 into speed. I was considering going down to 240 Hp and putting 36 Speed Evs in so that I can outspeed Metagross leads that think they outspeed standard Metagross leads.

Okay so I decided a new paragraph would be better. The 180 SpA is for Shadow Balling Azelfs, since pursuit isn't too good against them anymore thanks to colbur berry. Also, wanting to deal with Machamps I put psychic on there, it's stab and makes use out of my 180 SpA EVs. I threw 52 Evs into attack to be able to hit say heatrans and metagross' and what not, it's good coverage okay!?!

I basically explained the moves, EQ=Coverage, Shadow Ball=Azelf and miscellaneous, Psychic=Fighting Types like Ape and Champ/miscellaneous, and SR is a given.

I ran some calcs but I don't know how accurate it is. I did calcs on MetalKid's damage calculator. I need help with tuning the EVs so that I can 2hko Colbur Zelf 99.99% of the time. I've yet to face a Machamp Lead.

Calcs:
Against:
Shadow Ball: Colbur Berry Azelf: 46.3%-54.8%
Psychic: Anti-Lead Machamp (96SpD Evs) 65.6%-77.1%
Psychic: Attack Lead Machamp (16SpD Evs)71.9%-84.9%
Just to show the power of the set: Against Support Cress: 26.1%-31.1% (Shadow Ball)

Thanks for reading my longgggg post. Hope I didn't bore you. Keep in mind Metagross has a pretty good SpA stat, 95. While cress has 130 SpD, so that damage is pretty **** good even for a Cress with no SpD EVs.

Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7702

RM Metagross Lead Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Metagross Lead   RM Metagross Lead EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Perhaps trying to incorporate Grass Knot into the set for OHKOing Swampert leads? Keep in mind that Swampert only takes 80 base damage from Grass Knot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5687

RM Metagross Lead Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Metagross Lead   RM Metagross Lead EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:08 am

Shnoogle wrote:
Perhaps trying to incorporate Grass Knot into the set for OHKOing Swampert leads? Keep in mind that Swampert only takes 80 base damage from Grass Knot

Hm yeah, that's a good thought too but it's just sucky that I only have 4 moveslots lol. I mean a real pokemon would know more then 4 moves, just sayin'. I was thinking perhaps adding more SpA EVs for guaranteed 2HKO on Azelfs. It's a tough choice. All the moves are useful. I'll keep the grass knot in mind though.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5592

RM Metagross Lead Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Metagross Lead   RM Metagross Lead EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:38 pm

I would take out psychic and maybe put explosion in. Metagross isn't really SpA inclined, so I think explosion would be better as a final move. It will easily take most pokemon out when Metagross has lived out its usefulness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RM Metagross Lead Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Metagross Lead   RM Metagross Lead Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Metagross Lead
Page 1 of 1