Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Ou Team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UxieFTW

UxieFTW

UT points : 5547

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi peoples Very Happy

Well I am going to try to post a new team and check my spelling =P.

PLEASE give me your opinion on how it is or how to make it better.

(This team is for singles)

Aerodactyl: Lead
Item: Focus Sash
EVs
252 attack
252 speed
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Ability: Pressure

Gengar: Sweeper 1
Item: Choice Specs
Evs
252 special attack
252 speed
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast
Trick
Abilty: Levitate

Jirachi: Tank/Wish Healer/Thunder Wave
Item: Shuca Berry
EVs:
240 HP
160 defense
76 special defense
32 attack
Nature: Impish
Moves:
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Wish
Abilty: Serene Grace

Cresselia: Wall 1
Item: Leftovers
Evs:
252 HP
126 Defense
126 Special Defense
Nature: Calm
Moves:
Calm Mind
Psychic
Ice Beam
Moonlight
Ability: Levitate

Wheezing Wall 2
Item: Black Sludge
EVs:
252 Hp
252 Defense
Nature: Bold
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Pain Split
Will O Wisp
Ability: Levitate

Scizor Sweeper 2
Item: Life Orb
EVs:
126 speed
126 HP
252 attack
Nature: Adamant
Moves
Swords Dance
Bug Bite
Brick Break
Bullet Punch
Ability: Technician
Back to top Go down
AABB

UT points : 5242

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm

LOOK DOWN!

Last edited by AABB on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AABB

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 pm

I read the first half, which seemed painfully bog standard. The second half had strange UU's that have roles which could probably be better filled spots. The EV's are also painfully off in the second half.

IIRC, standard SD zor EV's are 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe. Can't really give a cress spread since I'm not too familiar with it. Overall, I don't wanna take out the small amount of uniqueness from this straight from smogon team, but cress and weezing are out of place.

It needs work on synergy. Descriptions would also be nice too kthx.

Problems:
Mixmence
CM + Wish Jirachi
CM and Specs Latias
DD Mixdra
NP + Special Mixape
Tar + Mence combination
Tar + Gyara combination

How to Fix:

Oh boy, this team has quite a few problems and doesn't look like it has any overall goal to begin with. I will try and help you the best I can, but you may have to start from scratch by the way this looks. First of all many common threats eat you alive like mixmence and the ever popular CM + Wish Rachi, in late game. The common combinations of Tyranitar + Gyarados and Tyranitar + Salamence will rip your team apart as you have almost no checks for that combo. In order to beat Tyranitar + Gyarados, I would suggest adding a celebi, as it bates Tyrantiar in and can easily defeat Gyarados.

*Note, replace this with Cresselia

My Ou Team I_serebii_s
Celebi@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
252Hp/220Def/36Spe
~Thunder Wave
~Grass Knot
~Recover
~Hidden Power Fire

Next, the Tyranitar + Salamence combination sweeps your whole team, so you need a pokemon who can easily defeat that. In order to fix this, I would suggest that you just change you scizor to the choice banded version.

My Ou Team I_hassamu
Scizor@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
248Hp/252Atk/4SpD
~U-turn
~Bullet Punch
~Superpower
~Pursuit

This will allow you to beat most versions of Tyranitar (provided it isn't DD babiri) and hit back hard with Bullet Punch, also, since Bullet Punch deals >60% to mence, not factoring in SR, you have a greater check to that threat as well.

Ok, so now you still have some threats checked but there is a lot more you need to deal with, for example, mixape tears through this team very very easily, so we have to fix that, as it is a very common threat that needs to be checked. My first suggestion would be to add a scarfed tyranitar to this team, as currently it is the anit-metagame pokemon and is can revenge infernape as long as it doesn't carry mach punch, which most don't.

*Replace Weezing with this

My Ou Team I_bangirasu
Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
Ability: Sandstream
4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Pursuit
~Earthquake

This will allow you to check many potential threats to your team, including latias, and the ever popular mixape as well. Earthquake is used over superpower here because if you lose weezing, you need a check to SD lucario, so Earthquake is necessary.

Next, we need to check that pesky CM + Wish Jirachi, which is easy enough to do and creates good synergy while doing it. I would suggest adding a Heatran as it walls out most Jirachi, and can come into counter them with ease.

*Replace for Aero

My Ou Team I_hiidoran
Heatran@Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
~Fire Blast
~Will-o-wisp
~Hidden Power Grass
~Stealth Rocks

I suggest that this be your new lead, as it can set up stealth rocks easily, beat most other leads and cripple physical attacker, which is very important, which I will get to why in a bit. Shuca Berry allows it to take an earthquake from metagross and OHKO with Fire Blast, or you can just will-o-wisp and set use it as set up fodder, your choice. Overall, one of the best leads I have used, and it fits very well here.

One of the last changes I am going to make is change your Gengar completely as it doesn't fit in this team at all, I suggest that you replace Gengar with a stallbreaker gliscor, as this team is weak to stall, and this will help you fix it by a whole lot.

My Ou Team I_guraion
Gliscor@Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
252Hp/36Def/220Spe
~Toxic
~Taunt
~Earthquake
~Roost

Another benefit of using this set is that it gives you a Lucaio counter, which is always nice and you can use the sandstorm provided by Tyranitar to your advantage.

The last change I will make is changing your Jirachi into a CM + Wish verion, which would fit into this team perfectly, as your other teammates set up for it to sweep.

My Ou Team I_jiraachi
Jirachi@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
252Hp/220Def/36Spe
~Calm Mind
~Wish
~Thunderbolt
~Flash Cannon

This Jirachi is amazing, and your team will set up for it perfectly if you can use what I have told you. Usually, if you can get this Jirachi going there is not stopping it, let along the support it provides for the rest of the team.

That is all I have to say, I know I pretty much changed your whole team, but I think that it will be up to better competitive standards, gl.
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5752

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:03 am

haha you just completly changed his team
but AAB is rigth
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 pm

SebaSneakers wrote:
but AAB is rigth

Holy crap what seba said!

Actually i battled this guy, and his team didnt have problems with specs latias, gyarados, or ape...
Just sayin and im not that bad

But i do appreciate your time to help this guy it ses like you helped alot, but you just made it look like a standard sandstorm team
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
UxieFTW

UxieFTW

UT points : 5547

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanks AABB your team is a good idea and I will probally use it. Thanks a bunch! Smile
Back to top Go down
AABB

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm

yeah, I started fixing things then couldn't stop, lol. It seems like he has an ape weak on paper as it can tear apart most of the team, especially in late game, where apes tend to exist. Specs lati is also used with spikes, so that is the reason why he is weak to it, but so are most team anyways.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5272

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:40 pm

SebaSneakers wrote:
but AAB is rigth
No offense to OP but the team was terrible. OP had no understanding of Ev's other than maximum investment and total amount usable. There was no team strategy, simply sets put together to look original and good because OP simply picked and slapped it right on. And then all someone had to do was come by and simply suggest a team that worked.

Looks smart until you see the whole picture. Though it is good he had enough time to 'help out' through all his trolling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Ou Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Ou Team   My Ou Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My Ou Team
Page 1 of 1