Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~

Go down 
+2
Neku
ARandomBoy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

UT points : 5635

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Empty
PostSubject: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Trick Room is such a fun move. Getting to a use a whole load of powerful, slow sweepers brings joy to me. Smile

Without further ado, here's my latest Trick Room team!

~~

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Exeggutor

Exeggutor@White Herb
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA [IVs: 0 Spe]
Quiet
Chlorophyll

-Trick Room
-Sleep Powder
-Leaf Storm
-Psychic

Exeggutor is my lead. It's sturdy, has the same great typing as Celebi, and has access to Trick Room and Sleep Powder. My goal with this strange palm tree is to set up TR, put something to sleep, and then just let loose with attacks. White Herb allows me to get off two full power Leaf Storms, and Psychic is my secondary STAB move with no harmful recoil. The reason I don't use Explosion is because I [currently] have only two TR users on my team, and I don't want to lose one of them right off the bat.

SYNERGY
Bug: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257
Fire: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Ice: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Ghost: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 217
Dark: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257
Poison: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464
Flying: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Blaziken

Blaziken@Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA [IVs: 30 SpA / 3 Spe]
Quiet
Blaze

-Fire Blast
-Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power [Grass]

Good 'ol Blaziken. With Trick Room, Blaziken has no need for speed and can therefore max out both attacking stats, creating a ferocious mixed attacker. The IVs give Blaziken the lowest possible speed while still maintaining 70 BP for Hidden Power [Grass]. I chose Sky Uppercut over Superpower because I'm going to want this Blaziken to be staying in for awhile in an attempt to kill whatever possible. Fire Blast is my obligatory Fire STAB move. Stone Edge hits those annoying Flying-types who resist Sky Uppercut, and Hidden Power [Grass] nails waters.

SYNERGY
Water: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Ground: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103
Psychic: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Flying: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Ursaring

Ursaring@Flame Orb
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def [IVs: 0 Spe]
Brave
Guts

-Facade
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-Swords Dance

Ursaring is my main physical sweeper. With an enormous base 130 Atk stat (with max EVs and an Atk+ nature), a Guts boost, and STAB Facade, this bear will rip through just about everything. Facade + Close Combat + Crunch is perfect coverage. If I get lucky and find an oppurtunity, I can throw up an SD to raise my Atk stat to an immense 1182.

SYNERGY
Fighting: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Slowbro

Slowbro@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD [IVs: 0 Spe]
Relaxed
Own Tempo

-Trick Room
-Surf
-Slack Off
-Fire Blast

Slowbro is my secondary Trick Room user and my dedicated wall. This self is rather self-explanatory, with the exception of Fire Blast. I have Fire Blast for two reasons: 1) It hits those pesky Grass-types super-effectively, and 2) it's hilarious watching a fat pink hippo (?) shoot a ring of fire from its mouth.

SYNERGY
Electric: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464
Grass: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257
Ghost: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 217
Dark: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257
Bug: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Rhyperior

Rhyperior@Life Orb
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def [IVs: 0 Spe]
Brave
Solid Rock

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Swords Dance / Aqua Tail

My secondary physical sweeper. With two 100 BP STAB moves with great coverage together and a massive Atk stat, Rhyperior really is a force to be reckoned with. Megahorn + EQ + Stone Edge = fully perfect coverage. Swords Dance will further boost my Atk stat, but because I already have an SDer, Aqua Tail is an option to hit opposing Rhyperiors, Donphans, Sandslashes and friends harder.

SYNERGY
Grass: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257
Water: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Ice: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Fighting: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Steel: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080
Ground: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Clamperl

Clamperl@DeepSeaTooth
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA [IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 2 Spe]
Quiet
Shell Armor

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Electric]
-Brine

Ah, this clammy little fellow packs quite a punch thanks to DeepSeaTooth. He's my main special sweeper. The IVs give the lowest Spe while still having a 70 BP Hidden Power [Electric]. This is another one that is very self-explanatory. Brine is in the last spot because Clamperl really has no other options.

SYNERGY
Electric: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464

~~

Other Options: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Rampardos

Rampardos@Life Orb
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk [IVs: 0 Spe]
Brave
Mold Breaker

-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch

An alternative to Rhyperior. This ancient dino has the highest non-Uber Atk stat in the game. With a Life Orb'd, STAB Head Smash, it will rip anything (that doesn't resist it) to shreds. The last three moves provide good coverage.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Dugtrio

Dugtrio@Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
Arena Trap

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch
-Aerial Ace

When TR wears off and I need a revenge killer, he comes Dug, who is arguably the best revenge killer in the game. Earthquake is my obligatory STAB move, Stone Edge nails flyers, Sucker Punch destroys low health opponents / Psychics & Ghosts / faster opponents, and Aerial Ace is my best option against bulky Grass-types.

My last option for a replacement for Rhyperior is another Trick Room user. Because it lasts only five turns, sometimes only two users isn't enough.

~~

I hope you have fun reviewing this team.

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks! Wink

~~

Art credit goes to Arkeis.
Pictures (for Synergy) credit goes to PokemonElite2000.

Last edited by ARandomBoy on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5686

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:42 pm

The Return of Trick Room? More like the return of RandomBoy lol. No but here's my feedback: Here's the thing, you don't have a definite
Special Wall and the powerhouse Special Sweepers of OU won't have much an obstacle because there isn't much on your team to wall them.
It is really important to keep one of your trick room users alive which I'm sure you know, however sometimes things don't work accordingly
so I'm going to say switch in Dugtrio for Rhyperior.

At some points he may be a liability since he is going to be Speed EVs and he is designed for being a fall back if trick room fails. However, if
you're confident you can keep atleast one trick room user alive don't use Dugtrio. It's hard to say.. I don't know about Clamperl, it has horrendous stats and even with the Speed Boost from trick room I don't see him sweeping teams. Perhaps Ampharos with Specs or a Nasty
Plot Raichu. Eh...Raichu is a tad fast though...
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Neku wrote:
The Return of Trick Room? More like the return of RandomBoy lol. No but here's my feedback: Here's the thing, you don't have a definite
Special Wall and the powerhouse Special Sweepers of OU won't have much an obstacle because there isn't much on your team to wall them.
It is really important to keep one of your trick room users alive which I'm sure you know, however sometimes things don't work accordingly

At some points he may be a liability since he is going to be Speed EVs and he is designed for being a fall back if trick room fails. However, if
you're confident you can keep atleast one trick room user alive don't use Dugtrio. It's hard to say.. I don't know about Clamperl, it has horrendous stats and even with the Speed Boost from trick room I don't see him sweeping teams. Perhaps Ampharos with Specs or a Nasty

Check out what I bolded in your quote. Then re-read the title.

Also, DeepSeaTooth (Clamperl's item) doubles its special attack stat, bringing it well over 500.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

shadow claw > crunch coverage wise technically, but it shouldnt matter too much

i dont know if i missed it but i dont see whether or not this is doubles or singles. if singles then its going to be very difficult keeping that TR up even with 2 trick roomers, as im sure you know, but you really do need a back up strategy

o and sleep powder on exeggutor, although a nice combo, could spell the end of one of your TR users fast. its playing with fire on a palm tree
Back to top Go down
Bulldogs

UT points : 5189

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Quote :

What does Shadow Claw hit harder than Crunch? Crunch has higher BP and better coverage.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Bulldogs wrote:
Quote :

What does Shadow Claw hit harder than Crunch? Crunch has higher BP and better coverage.

fighting+ghost is better than fighiting+dark coverage wise, but if you must know it hits toxicroak and heracross harder, the only two that resist the dark fighting combo i believe (perhaps more, but not much). obviously facade hits the hardest which is why i said it doesnt matter
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5686

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
Neku wrote:

Check out what I bolded in your quote. Then re-read the title.

Also, DeepSeaTooth (Clamperl's item) doubles its special attack stat, bringing it well over 500.
I meant to say UU/NU not OU. Which is why I pointed out Raichu and Ampharos.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Clamperl owns
You want toxic over brine in the last slot though... Trust me, I've had times where it has had great use. Such as intoxicating a gastrodon/quagsire (pokemon your clamperl cannot KO because of lack of HP grass and in quagy's case, water absorb)
They never see it coming
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 am

The concept of Trick Room is skewed to most players. For 5 turns the slower Pokemon goes first. This is actually not true. It is 4 turns. The effects of Weather as well as Trick Room and Gravity are active for a total of 4 turns after the attack is used. Since Trick Room has a -7 priority, it cannot be beneficial. Weather effects can be since abilities like Ice Body and Dry Skin activate after all attacks are completed, which is why the attack lasts 5 turns. So with Trick Room the first turn you have to use with it is lost immediately. The second turn puts you down to 3 turns as, most likely, you will try to get one of your sweepers out. This is why I cannot stress enough that Trick Room teams need to be more aware of the ticking clock, unlike Rain Dance and Sunny Day teams who have to activate weather since they have up to 8 turns to use depending on who is setting the Rain (ex: Ludicolo makes use of all 8 turns with Rain Dish).

All your sweepers have to set up. If you have any sweeper that must set up without certain conditions met you are working against the strategy of Trick Room. Absol is probably UU's best Trick Room user simply because it is useful in and out of TR thanks to STAB priority. It also has access to Swords Dance to use effectively while TR is still going, which helps it with the 2 actual turns it gets to attack which it would use to take down the normal Absol counter. Substitute sweepers can also work, things like Blaziken are incredibly tough for teams to take down when it's behind a Sub and from the day I tried UU, Blaziken can basically 2HKO every wall with Expert Belt and the right coverage. It also makes fantastic use of it's ability with Substitute going and thus, late game, makes it a potent sweeper in TR. You use two other great TR sweepers: Clamperl and Rhyperior, but it still leaves you needing either more power or time that your team just doesn't have. Here are my suggestions:

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 - Exeggutor is underrated in general and I find it not bad to have it used in TR. Your main enemy, however, is going to be Absol who can still hit first with Sucker Punch since Exeggutor lacks priority. However Exeggutor can do something incredibly useful for any team that is on a ticking clock: use Explosion. Using Explosion not only smashes anything that doesn't resist it to peices, but once you know Exeggutor is no longer needed (which should be after it unleashes Sleep Powder, TR, and possibly Leaf Storm depending on the situation) you can use Explosion and essentially give yourself a much better way to use a turn other than switching out. It may seem reckless, but most things that don't resist Explosion without huge Defense investments are immediately KO'd. It's kind of a suicide lead, but it sets a clear path for a quick second shot at the team's line of defense. If you decide this strategy is worth a shot, I suggest you switch over to Life Orb or the optional Focus Sash. Though White Herb lets you use Leaf Storm effectively consecutively, with the flow of Exeggutors strategy and movement it won't matter. Leaf Storm will hit much harder as will Explosion, thus making an even bigger dent in your opponent's team early on.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257 - Blaziken works in Trick Room well by itself. As I mentioned earlier it makes great use of Blaze if you opt for a Substitute set (since it can also use Reversal for massive damage as long as you have taken out priority users). I also suggest you run a more Attack oriented Ev set. Things in UU are much harder to wall the less they have to deal with Cresselia, Chansey, and Venasaur. This can all be done by simply investing into attack and running Flare Blitz. Though it comes with a price, the jump in accuracy and power (as you are investing in the higher attacking stat) will be noticable. As I stated before you are on a ticking clock with TR and the Blaziken set you are currently using will fail to do anything after your turns have ended. This is why I am suggesting a more suicide style of attacking, going with Flare Blitz. The moveset I suggest is:
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat
- Vacuum Wave/Hidden Power {Grass}
It seems ineffective at first glance as a vast majority of your moves are potentially counterproductive. However the point of the set is to hit as hard as you can with the short amount of time you have. No matter what nature you use this will get work done faster. Superpower just plain hits harder than Sky Uppercut with a higher accuracy but a drop in stats. Overheat is more accurate and a good chunk more powerful than Fire Blast and really you only need to hit once on the special side for most sweeps when you know what you're up against. The combination of Superpower/Overheat is a tough thing to wall especially with STAB, max investment, possible Blaze aiding Overheat, and Life Orb. The last slot is for either coverage with HP-Grass or the extremely useful priority attack Vacuum Wave since it doesn't need TR to be effective. With this set you will smash into opponents teams and almost always take out a poke or two with the 3 turns provided.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 217 - I would be more supportive of Ursaring if it wasn't dead weight after the TR is over. Since Blaziken does smashing things until it breaks itself better, I'd suggest you open up this slot for something useful both in and out of TR. Honestly, you could use Ursaring > Blaziken if you really wanted to keep it, but go with another attack for the last spot, I'll leave that up to you since I really don't have anything to suggest (besides Rest, which seems silly but has worked for me in the past). You need one of TR's most valuable assets: Absol.
The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 359-m
Absol@Life Orb
Brave, Super Luck
Ev's: 232 HP/ 252 Attack/ 24 Defense
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
Absol has the incredibly powerful Sucker Punch that only has Extremespeed to contest with as the most powerful priority attack in the game. With STAB, an incredible base 130 Attack, and Swords Dance behind it, Absol is a monster in or out of TR. The Ev's are designed to grant a bit of bulk to Absol, who is generally extremely frail. 232 HP puts it at 339 so as to cut down on the potential damage being dealt every turn. Maxing out Attack was obvious and the remainder when into Defense to take a minor hit if need be. The advantage of this set is to be able to set up on just about everything. Absol sould come out after your suicide TR smasher has run it's course and your bulky TR single sided hitters (the last two slots in your party) have scouted the opponent's best walls. This way you shouldn't be surprised by Hitmontop switching in after TR ends to rain on your parade. Swords Dance gives Absol the power to basically 2HKO the entire tier (Super Luck increases your odds of OHKO's). The next slot is back up for if Absol runs into something that could possibly slow it down such as Hitmontop (lacking Mach Punch), Weezing , or bulky Venasaur. Anything like Cresselia that could dodge Sucker Punch by slapping a status on Absol can be horrified as your +2 Absol jumps behind a Substitute, thus wasting their turn with a clever ruse. Psycho Cut can outrun KO most opponents that can take both of Absol's standard attacks enough to threaten it such as Intimidate Hitmontop and Toxicroak. The last two slots are obvious choices, Sucker Punch for the massive STAB and the hook of the set and Superpower for coverage and raw strength.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080 - Slowbro is pretty standard so there's not much to say here. I would suggest Flamethrower > Fire Blast simply because it doesn't have the luxury to miss being the only other supplier of TR to the team.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464 - Rhyperior is a golden gift for TR teams. It hits hard, is extremely bulky, and has terribly low speed which is everything TR teams look for. LO is viable, but I'd suggest you either fake a Choice set or run a Choice set. By faking a Choice Set simply run Expert Belt. When the attack lands and you don't take LO recoil few will think otherwise and attempt to outpredict you. That's when you use Stone Edge on the Flier. Otherwise Choice Band Rhyperior hits way too hard and is a force to be reckonned with. LO works too but I'd rather work with Rhyperiori's bulkiness instead of against it.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 - Clamperl only works in TR and thus it is in its environment to sweep. I do agree with Shnoogle that Toxic should be a considered option > Brine since it helps cripple Chansey/Cresselia/etc. before another hard TR hitter comes in. It also helps against opponents who want to waste your TR turns and thus put them on a minor sort of ticking clock.

Honestly I would say more but I am tired beyond reason. Hope the short and probably unnecessary lecture and rate were of help. Also do excuse any spelling or grammar errors as I was not at 100% attention when I typed all this.
Back to top Go down
ARandomBoy

ARandomBoy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
The concept of Trick Room is skewed to most players. For 5 turns the slower Pokemon goes first. This is actually not true. It is 4 turns. The effects of Weather as well as Trick Room and Gravity are active for a total of 4 turns after the attack is used. Since Trick Room has a -7 priority, it cannot be beneficial. Weather effects can be since abilities like Ice Body and Dry Skin activate after all attacks are completed, which is why the attack lasts 5 turns. So with Trick Room the first turn you have to use with it is lost immediately. The second turn puts you down to 3 turns as, most likely, you will try to get one of your sweepers out. This is why I cannot stress enough that Trick Room teams need to be more aware of the ticking clock, unlike Rain Dance and Sunny Day teams who have to activate weather since they have up to 8 turns to use depending on who is setting the Rain (ex: Ludicolo makes use of all 8 turns with Rain Dish).

All your sweepers have to set up. If you have any sweeper that must set up without certain conditions met you are working against the strategy of Trick Room. Absol is probably UU's best Trick Room user simply because it is useful in and out of TR thanks to STAB priority. It also has access to Swords Dance to use effectively while TR is still going, which helps it with the 2 actual turns it gets to attack which it would use to take down the normal Absol counter. Substitute sweepers can also work, things like Blaziken are incredibly tough for teams to take down when it's behind a Sub and from the day I tried UU, Blaziken can basically 2HKO every wall with Expert Belt and the right coverage. It also makes fantastic use of it's ability with Substitute going and thus, late game, makes it a potent sweeper in TR. You use two other great TR sweepers: Clamperl and Rhyperior, but it still leaves you needing either more power or time that your team just doesn't have. Here are my suggestions:

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 103 - Exeggutor is underrated in general and I find it not bad to have it used in TR. Your main enemy, however, is going to be Absol who can still hit first with Sucker Punch since Exeggutor lacks priority. However Exeggutor can do something incredibly useful for any team that is on a ticking clock: use Explosion. Using Explosion not only smashes anything that doesn't resist it to peices, but once you know Exeggutor is no longer needed (which should be after it unleashes Sleep Powder, TR, and possibly Leaf Storm depending on the situation) you can use Explosion and essentially give yourself a much better way to use a turn other than switching out. It may seem reckless, but most things that don't resist Explosion without huge Defense investments are immediately KO'd. It's kind of a suicide lead, but it sets a clear path for a quick second shot at the team's line of defense. If you decide this strategy is worth a shot, I suggest you switch over to Life Orb or the optional Focus Sash. Though White Herb lets you use Leaf Storm effectively consecutively, with the flow of Exeggutors strategy and movement it won't matter. Leaf Storm will hit much harder as will Explosion, thus making an even bigger dent in your opponent's team early on.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 257 - Blaziken works in Trick Room well by itself. As I mentioned earlier it makes great use of Blaze if you opt for a Substitute set (since it can also use Reversal for massive damage as long as you have taken out priority users). I also suggest you run a more Attack oriented Ev set. Things in UU are much harder to wall the less they have to deal with Cresselia, Chansey, and Venasaur. This can all be done by simply investing into attack and running Flare Blitz. Though it comes with a price, the jump in accuracy and power (as you are investing in the higher attacking stat) will be noticable. As I stated before you are on a ticking clock with TR and the Blaziken set you are currently using will fail to do anything after your turns have ended. This is why I am suggesting a more suicide style of attacking, going with Flare Blitz. The moveset I suggest is:
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat
It seems ineffective at first glance as a vast majority of your moves are potentially counterproductive. However the point of the set is to hit as hard as you can with the short amount of time you have. No matter what nature you use this will get work done faster. Superpower just plain hits harder than Sky Uppercut with a higher accuracy but a drop in stats. Overheat is more accurate and a good chunk more powerful than Fire Blast and really you only need to hit once on the special side for most sweeps when you know what you're up against. The combination of Superpower/Overheat is a tough thing to wall especially with STAB, max investment, possible Blaze aiding Overheat, and Life Orb. The last slot is for either coverage with HP-Grass or the extremely useful priority attack Vacuum Wave since it doesn't need TR to be effective. With this set you will smash into opponents teams and almost always take out a poke or two with the 3 turns provided.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 217 - I would be more supportive of Ursaring if it wasn't dead weight after the TR is over. Since Blaziken does smashing things until it breaks itself better, I'd suggest you open up this slot for something useful both in and out of TR. Honestly, you could use Ursaring > Blaziken if you really wanted to keep it, but go with another attack for the last spot, I'll leave that up to you since I really don't have anything to suggest (besides Rest, which seems silly but has worked for me in the past). You need one of TR's most valuable assets: Absol.
Absol@Life Orb
Brave, Super Luck
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
Absol has the incredibly powerful Sucker Punch that only has Extremespeed to contest with as the most powerful priority attack in the game. With STAB, an incredible base 130 Attack, and Swords Dance behind it, Absol is a monster in or out of TR. The Ev's are designed to grant a bit of bulk to Absol, who is generally extremely frail. 232 HP puts it at 339 so as to cut down on the potential damage being dealt every turn. Maxing out Attack was obvious and the remainder when into Defense to take a minor hit if need be. The advantage of this set is to be able to set up on just about everything. Absol sould come out after your suicide TR smasher has run it's course and your bulky TR single sided hitters (the last two slots in your party) have scouted the opponent's best walls. This way you shouldn't be surprised by Hitmontop switching in after TR ends to rain on your parade. Swords Dance gives Absol the power to basically 2HKO the entire tier (Super Luck increases your odds of OHKO's). The next slot is back up for if Absol runs into something that could possibly slow it down such as Hitmontop (lacking Mach Punch), Weezing , or bulky Venasaur. Anything like Cresselia that could dodge Sucker Punch by slapping a status on Absol can be horrified as your +2 Absol jumps behind a Substitute, thus wasting their turn with a clever ruse. Psycho Cut can outrun KO most opponents that can take both of Absol's standard attacks enough to threaten it such as Intimidate Hitmontop and Toxicroak. The last two slots are obvious choices, Sucker Punch for the massive STAB and the hook of the set and Superpower for coverage and raw strength.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 080 - Slowbro is pretty standard so there's not much to say here. I would suggest Flamethrower > Fire Blast simply because it doesn't have the luxury to miss being the only other supplier of TR to the team.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 464 - Rhyperior is a golden gift for TR teams. It hits hard, is extremely bulky, and has terribly low speed which is everything TR teams look for. LO is viable, but I'd suggest you either fake a Choice set or run a Choice set. By faking a Choice Set simply run Expert Belt. When the attack lands and you don't take LO recoil few will think otherwise and attempt to outpredict you. That's when you use Stone Edge on the Flier. Otherwise Choice Band Rhyperior hits way too hard and is a force to be reckonned with. LO works too but I'd rather work with Rhyperiori's bulkiness instead of against it.

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 366 - Clamperl only works in TR and thus it is in its environment to sweep. I do agree with Shnoogle that Toxic should be a considered option > Brine since it helps cripple Chansey/Cresselia/etc. before another hard TR hitter comes in. It also helps against opponents who want to waste your TR turns and thus put them on a minor sort of ticking clock.

Honestly I would say more but I am tired beyond reason. Hope the short and probably unnecessary lecture and rate were of help. Also do excuse any spelling or grammar errors as I was not at 100% attention when I typed all this.

I considered Explosion on Exeggutor, but as I mentioned up in the OP, because I only have two TR users (Eggy bein' one of them), I need both to stay alive as long as possible.

The Blaziken set I have is designed not to be suicidal. That's why I have Fire Blast over Overheat and Sky Uppercut rather than Superpower. However, that set does look very appealing, being full of hugely powerful moves. I'll give it a shot.

Absol is, in fact, one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. But, in reality, it doesn't benefit much from TR if you're using Sucker Punch. If I were to use Absol, I'd probably use something more like this:

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 359

Absol@Scope Lens
232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def [IVs: 0 Spe]
Brave
Super Luck

-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower / Psycho Cut

This Absol is one of those Pokemon that makes your opponent scream, "WTF HAX!!111!!" With Scope Lens, Super Luck, and Night Slash, Absol has a 50% chance to score a critical hit each time it's used. After TR is over, Sucker Punch would be my main option for the massively powerful priority. Fighting (Superpower) + Dark is only resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak, but the harmful recoil effects may not be worth it when a critical hit Night Slash will do enough. Psycho Cut would be my option then, hitting Fighting-types and whatnot and having a high critical hit ratio like Night Slash.

Now you've got me thinking about Absol, though. I've got to give this guy a try. Wink

I considered throwing a CB on Rhyperior, but because Choiced Pokemon require loads of prediction and switching, it will just waste my TR time. Expert Belt is interesting, but I do enjoy the reliable boost that LO provides.

~~

You helped me quite a bit. Thanks, Herp. Wink
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:15 pm

ARandomBoy wrote:
Herpdidderp wrote:

- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat

Absol@Life Orb
Brave, Super Luck
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

I considered Explosion on Exeggutor, but as I mentioned up in the OP, because I only have two TR users (Eggy bein' one of them), I need both to stay alive as long as possible.

The Blaziken set I have is designed not to be suicidal. That's why I have Fire Blast over Overheat and Sky Uppercut rather than Superpower. However, that set does look very appealing, being full of hugely powerful moves. I'll give it a shot.

Absol is, in fact, one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. But, in reality, it doesn't benefit much from TR if you're using Sucker Punch. If I were to use Absol, I'd probably use something more like this:

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ 359

Absol@Scope Lens
232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def [IVs: 0 Spe]
Brave
Super Luck

-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower / Psycho Cut

This Absol is one of those Pokemon that makes your opponent scream, "WTF HAX!!111!!" With Scope Lens, Super Luck, and Night Slash, Absol has a 50% chance to score a critical hit each time it's used. After TR is over, Sucker Punch would be my main option for the massively powerful priority. Fighting (Superpower) + Dark is only resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak, but the harmful recoil effects may not be worth it when a critical hit Night Slash will do enough. Psycho Cut would be my option then, hitting Fighting-types and whatnot and having a high critical hit ratio like Night Slash.

Now you've got me thinking about Absol, though. I've got to give this guy a try. Wink

I considered throwing a CB on Rhyperior, but because Choiced Pokemon require loads of prediction and switching, it will just waste my TR time. Expert Belt is interesting, but I do enjoy the reliable boost that LO provides.

~~

You helped me quite a bit. Thanks, Herp. Wink

scope lens is illegal due to the luck items clause, just use a LO
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Why do you guys keep making up clauses or using ones that are so lame and stupid that no one uses (legendary clause)? Not to mention Scope Lens is not restricted at all, Quick Claw is the only restricted item that would actually apply to the listed clause. Things that raise critical hit rates are not, otherwise Super Luck the ability and moves with higher critical hit rates would also be banned by that rule as they are all doing the same thing. Anything involving crits is not restricted.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Why do you guys keep making up clauses or using ones that are so lame and stupid that no one uses (legendary clause)? Not to mention Scope Lens is not restricted at all, Quick Claw is the only restricted item that would actually apply to the listed clause. Things that raise critical hit rates are not, otherwise Super Luck the ability and moves with higher critical hit rates would also be banned by that rule as they are all doing the same thing. Anything involving crits is not restricted.

Why dont you get your information straight? I do not make the clauses, these are standard rules with standard clauses. The legendary clause is not part of standard rules and very few play by it. As for the luck item clause, anything that bends the game to your side is considered a luck item: quick claw, scope lens, razor claw, razor fang and more are all items that are banned due to this because they take no skill to use, only luck. The pokemon with those abilities and moves would be unusable without them, but you can put a scope lens on anything. And its not just crits, would you like to lose a battle since your opponent has a King's Rock and flinches you with EQ?

Luck/Hax Items
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 pm

The only item listed that is actually banned in competitive battling is Quick Claw. I just checked all of the other items and they are not restricted. It also lists Dire Hit which made me lol as it has no actual effect since you have to use the item on the Pokemon in battle. All your other complaints are pretty pointless as only a fool would use King's Rock to attempt the 10% flinch rate since it would only be effective on moves with no secondary effect. On anything I generally think Scope Lens is a terrible item because it is unreliable (as with Brightpowder but that is oh so fun) and thus should not be trusted. Super Luck sets are really the only viable sets to use them in, and even then I would prefer Life Orb or Expert Belt.

EDIT: There is a hax item clause, just no one uses it since it's only on WiFi from what I've been told. My mistake, however I am right that it is not a standard clause and once again, sees extremely little use. So unless this is a wifi team and you are going to play by that clause, I suggest you just use whatever item you see fit.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
The only item listed that is actually banned in competitive battling is Quick Claw. I just checked all of the other items and they are not restricted. It also lists Dire Hit which made me lol as it has no actual effect since you have to use the item on the Pokemon in battle. All your other complaints are pretty pointless as only a fool would use King's Rock to attempt the 10% flinch rate since it would only be effective on moves with no secondary effect. On anything I generally think Scope Lens is a terrible item because it is unreliable (as with Brightpowder but that is oh so fun) and thus should not be trusted. Super Luck sets are really the only viable sets to use them in, and even then I would prefer Life Orb or Expert Belt.

EDIT: There is a hax item clause, just no one uses it since it's only on WiFi from what I've been told. My mistake, however I am right that it is not a standard clause and once again, sees extremely little use. So unless this is a wifi team and you are going to play by that clause, I suggest you just use whatever item you see fit.

I have been finding a lot of disagreement on clauses nowadays, so ill agree with what you said, use what you find most fit. no hard feelings herpdidderp
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:44 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
I have been finding a lot of disagreement on clauses nowadays, so ill agree with what you said, use what you find most fit. no hard feelings herpdidderp
None at all. I'm more embarrassed that I didn't know of a hax item clause for the most part. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~   The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

The Return of Trick Room [UU/NU] ~
Page 1 of 1