Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RMT: Water Works

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
neutral777

neutral777

UT points : 5729

RMT: Water Works Empty
PostSubject: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

I wanted to develop a face-paced Rain Dance team. The goal wasn’t originally a Rain Team but I’ve been interested in experimenting with various aspects of the archtype. Also, sorry but I am on a time crunch so no fun pokemon pics or text this time around.

Scottie (Uxie) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Uxie > Bronzong. This gives the team a more indie rock vibe and grants better set-up, too. Reflect > Light Screen because the team needs more defense support. This kid is built to last to I can keep the rain coming. U-turn is for scouting purposes.

Squiggie (Omastar) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rain Dance
- Surf

With Uxie covering the SR, Rain Dance allows this pokemon to set itself up do deal massive STAB damage with Surf.

Jamacia (Parasect) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/96 Def/156 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aromatherapy
- Stun Spore
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

I use this Pokemon as a utility. Stun Spore helps my team’s lack of rain while Knock Off removes those helpful items my opponent has to mindful chosen. Aroma keeps my Pokemon from Toxic/Paralysis to keep my sweeping from being hindered while X-Scissor is a nice STAB. This is also my check against other Rain Dance teams that may try to set up after I start the rain.

Suijin (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Spd/240 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Outrage

This is my wall breaker. Rain Dance gives it more push with Speed and Water STAB. The typing gives me something that can neutrally handle BoltBeam + Grass which means I may swap this into the RestTalk variant, though I really like the MixBreaker aspect.

Cables (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk/220 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Toxic is for the bulky waters that ham this set out. Cross Chop does some heavy damage to Blissey and Tyranitar. This serves as my Electric-attack check. My other Pokemon bait the opponent and this guy serves the clean up. Thunderbolt > Thunder for consistency.

Bricks (Scizor) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP/56 Atk/252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Rain Dance

More rain support. This pokemon isn't made for sweeping, just setting up the rain and it can be used to scout as well with U-turn. Bullet Punch and Roost are obvious.

Last edited by neutral777 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6095

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Bronzong should have a -Spd Nature, Electivire may do better without the expert bell if its going to use toxic, and only give kingdra and omastar the EV's that they need to outspeed counters in the rain (like how Floatzel needs like 16 Spd EV's in the rain in order to outspeed a Choice Scarfed Gengar), or else you are just wasting EV's
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Bronzong should have a -Spd Nature, Electivire may do better without the expert bell if its going to use toxic, and only give kingdra and omastar the EV's that they need to outspeed counters in the rain (like how Floatzel needs like 16 Spd EV's in the rain in order to outspeed a Choice Scarfed Gengar), or else you are just wasting EV's

Electivire has Expert Belt because I didn't want another Life Orb draining away at my Pokemon. Expert Belt will do what I need, power-wise. Toxic is there to catch the switch, not for an Electivire Stall so Leftovers is also rather unnecessary.

Omastar, with current EVs, hits 209 Speed. After the rain starts, that beats a lot of non-scarf'd pokemon. There are some Scarf'd pokemon that will outpace the little thing, though. No wasted EVs there.

Kingdra already follows your advice on rationing the speed EVs.

Bronzong is noted. I forgot about Relaxed. :X
Back to top Go down
sosogamer

sosogamer

UT points : 5617

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Kingdra does not need both Draco Meteor and Outrage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sosogamer
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:49 pm

sosogamer wrote:
Kingdra does not need both Draco Meteor and Outrage.

Kingdra is a mixed attacker. Draco Meteor and Outrage are high powered STAB attacks. What would I replace them with that will give me the power? Outrage is for Special Walls, Draco and Hydro Pump for the Physical.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6095

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Outrage and Draco meteor are fine together, and a good pair for wall breaking. You may however want to change hydro pump to waterfall perhaps. This way the drop from Draco meteor won't be too hurtful and you have a reliable physical attack, but that's mostly up to you. I still suggest being a little bit more picky with the EVs... I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but as long as omastar can be faster than it's most dangerous grass move using opponent scarfed (probably celebi or shaymin) then you don't need the extra EVs and could invest them elsewhere
Back to top Go down
neutral777

neutral777

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:24 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Outrage and Draco meteor are fine together, and a good pair for wall breaking. You may however want to change hydro pump to waterfall perhaps. This way the drop from Draco meteor won't be too hurtful and you have a reliable physical attack, but that's mostly up to you. I still suggest being a little bit more picky with the EVs... I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but as long as omastar can be faster than it's most dangerous grass move using opponent scarfed (probably celebi or shaymin) then you don't need the extra EVs and could invest them elsewhere

I am worried about Scarf'd Pokemon in general. I want to be able to speed as many as possible with a Modest Nature.

EDIT: I've revamped the team slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMT: Water Works   RMT: Water Works Empty

Back to top Go down

RMT: Water Works
Page 1 of 1