Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!

Go down 
+2
nikodem123asdf
sosogamer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sosogamer

sosogamer

UT points : 5599

RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! Empty
PostSubject: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:10 pm

For now i only have 4 pokemon in my team. Hopefully i haven't made a lot of errors. This team is for my Platinum Wi-Fi battles. I mite get PBR and use this team in PBR but for now i am going to use it in Platinum.

243 raikou Pictures, Images and Photos
Raikou@leftovers
Pressure
EVs: 252-Sp.Atk/252-Speed/4-Hp or 252-HP/100-Sp.Atk/ 156-Speed
Modest(+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
Moves-
-Extasensory
-Rain Dance
-Calm Mind
-Thunder

The main purpose of Raikou is to use Rain Dance and maybe set up 1 or 2 Calm Minds and start attacking. I dont know weather to give it more HP EVs or to Give it more Speed and Sp.Atk. The reason why im saying this is because of my Gorebyss (witch you'll see later) it has surf as the main stab move and it also damages the raikou.

141 kabutops Pictures, Images and Photos
Kabutops@focus sash
Swift Swim
EVs:252-Atk/252-Speed/4HP
Adamant(+Atk,-Sp.Atk)
Moves-
-Waterfall/Aqua Jet
-X-scissor
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Kabutops will be my main physical sweaper first ill Swords Dance and then attack. Rock Slide for stab, hits both of the opponents pokemon, and flinch hax. I'm still thinking about ether Waterfall or Aqua Jet. X-scissor of grass weakness.

Gorebyss Pictures, Images and Photos
Gorebyss@focus sash
Swift Swim
EVs:252-Sp.Atk/252-Speed/4HP
Modest(+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
Moves-
-Psychic
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hp(gound)/endure

Gorebyss is my special sweaper. Surf will be the main attack that its gonna use. Ice Beam for grass weakness. psychic just because it can learn it! for the last move i really don't know what to put.

Zapdos Pictures, Images and Photos
Zapdos@leftovers
Pressure
EVs:252-HP/156-Sp.Atk/ 100-Speed
Modest(+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
Moves-
-Thunder
-Thunder Wave
-Rain Dance
-Roost

lapras Pictures, Images and Photos
Lapras@Damp Rock
Water Absorb
EVs:252-HP/128-Def/128-Sp.Def
Careful(+Sp.Def,-Sp.atk)
Moves-
-Waterfall
-Ice Shard
-dragon Dance
-Rain Dance

How is this for my second Rain Dancer? With water absorb i can take as many hits from surf and i want for my gorebyss and not get any damage for it. Dragon Dance for more attack and speed waterfall and ice shard for stab!

Ok for the last Two pokemons im thinking a rapid spinner(blastoise), a wall (registeel), Dragon Danceing lapres with water absorb, a heal beller ( miltank) or ?... or a good wall braker!

Last edited by sosogamer on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sosogamer
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5707

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 am

you should give air slash to your zapdoes instead of t-wave this way you wont get walled so much by ground types
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5374

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:52 am

nikodem123asdf wrote:
you should give air slash to your zapdoes instead of t-wave this way you wont get walled so much by ground types
Zapdos can't learn Air Slash. Wink

For Gorebyss, you should have HP Ground. And giving Damp Rock (don't know if thats the right name) to Zapdos (Raikou) can be nice, so the rain can last longer.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:04 pm

i dont see the point in running HP ground... steels are hit harder by rain boosted surf, and even when it isnt raining, they are still hit harder

95 base power * 1.5 STAB = 142

70 base power HP ground * 2 super effective = 140

HP Electric is the best option for that slot to kill gyarados who can take any of your other attacks easily and mantine, who is in the same boat as gyarados
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
sosogamer

sosogamer

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
i dont see the point in running HP ground... steels are hit harder by rain boosted surf, and even when it isnt raining, they are still hit harder

HP Electric is the best option for that slot to kill gyarados who can take any of your other attacks easily and mantine, who is in the same boat as gyarados

Thing is that i got both Raikou and Zapdos have thunder and hp (ground) would be for electric types.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:42 pm

sosogamer wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Thing is that i got both Raikou and Zapdos have thunder and hp (ground) would be for electric types.

even so the same equation applies... STAB Surf will always do more damage than a super effective hidden power... and even more so in the rain
Back to top Go down
sosogamer

sosogamer

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
sosogamer wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

even so the same equation applies... STAB Surf will always do more damage than a super effective hidden power... and even more so in the rain

Alright ill go with endure instead!
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:56 pm

sosogamer wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
sosogamer wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Oh Embarassed I just understood what you meant lol... this is for doubles so you don't want to hit zappy or raikou... I gotcha!! I'd say it may not be such a bad choice then. Sorry, lol, my mind is always set to singles
Back to top Go down
sosogamer

sosogamer

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
sosogamer wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
sosogamer wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Oh Embarassed I just understood what you meant lol... this is for doubles so you don't want to hit zappy or raikou... I gotcha!! I'd say it may not be such a bad choice then. Sorry, lol, my mind is always set to singles

Oh its alright this is my first doubles team.
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6077

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Extrasensory has terrible coverage, i would use something over that. using a calm mind raikou in doubles is very dangerous. although if calm minded up enough it would be able to take those surfs decently. im not exactly sure why you only use electric types with thunder to set up rain; just an odd observation
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:36 pm

just a thought for an extra pokemon...

a bronzong or jirachi can be useful to get up rain dance as under rain bronzong has no weaknesses (with levitate) and the ever useful screens and explosion. Jirachi is swift and pretty bulky... plus it has thunder and water pulse (with serene grace has a 60% chance to confuse)
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

a bronzong or jirachi can be useful to get up rain dance as under rain bronzong has no weaknesses (with levitate) and the ever useful screens and explosion. Jirachi is swift and pretty bulky... plus it has thunder and water pulse (with serene grace has a 60% chance to confuse)

just so i can be the first of prob many to say it its a UU/NU rain team What a Face
Back to top Go down
waterkunai1

waterkunai1

UT points : 5270

PostSubject: note   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

Just a quick note: Bronzong has fire weakness with levitate and ground with heatproof
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:51 pm

waterkunai1 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

Just a quick note: Bronzong has fire weakness with levitate and ground with heatproof

ill answer this one too What a Face

he meant with rain. with rain, fire = x.5 Base Power, meaning that a fire attack would techinically do as much as a neutral attack
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

just so i can be the first of prob many to say it its a UU/NU rain team What a Face

Then he should get rid of zapdos cause that is OU
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

whoaaa good point What a Face well thats just interesting. confused affraid scratch study scratch walk like an farao

lol sorry really felt like smilieing. yeah so that needs to be decided upon then
Back to top Go down
sosogamer

sosogamer

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:

OMG! i had him confused with articuno! im about to change it up a bit!
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:23 pm

lol walk like an farao hahaha lol!

yeah something should be done about that... I think that is what confuzzled me Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!   RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team! Empty

Back to top Go down

RM UU NU Rain Dance double Team!
Page 1 of 1