Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Rain Dance Team

Go down 
+2
dragonmxz
SebaSneakers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5752

Another Rain Dance Team Empty
PostSubject: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Persian @ focus sash/damp rock
252 spe 252 hp 6 atk
jolly
technician

fake out
taunt
rain dance
toxic

i needed a fast lead that could set-up raindance and taunt tadhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Azumaril @ focus sash/???
252 HP 252 Atk 6 spe
adamant
huge power

aqua jet
ice punch
return/protect
brickbreak/Superpower

my physical sweeper brickbreak> super power i can't risk attack drops

toxicroak @ life orb
252 spe 252 atk 6 hp
jolly
dry skin

Fake out / Sword dance
Poison jab
Earthquake
Brick Break

coverage sweeper

ludicolo @ leftovers/damp rock
252 hp 252 Sp.Atk 6 spd
modest
Swift swim

Rain Dance
Energyball
Ice beam
surf

my special sweeper + raindace set-uper

Lanturn @ leftovers
252 hp 252 Sp.Def 6 sp atk
calm
Volt absorb

Rain Dance
tunder
waterpulse
Toxic

my special wall (volt absorb FTW !)

Omastar @ life orb
252 spe 252 Spatk 6 hp
naive
swift swim

rock polish
toxic spikes
ice beam
surf

Last edited by SebaSneakers on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:35 pm

First of all, i assume on omastar you meant 252 SpA when you wrote 252 atk. also, speed evs are shown as Spe, not Spd because most peoplewill think you mean special defense and not speed. Ok, now onto the team.

I would recommend a goreybess over omastar since it has more attacks, (unless you really need those toxic spikes).
Also, if you can predict well then put a choiceband on azumarill which combined with 480atk already will almost always KO most pokemon with aqua jet. Also, you could try a kaputops since it can devestate anything with a swords dance and swift swim combo.
Thats all i can think of right now. Take my suggestions as you want.
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5752

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:49 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
First of all, i assume on omastar you meant 252 SpA when you wrote 252 atk. also, speed evs are shown as Spe, not Spd because most peoplewill think you mean special defense and not speed. Ok, now onto the team.

I would recommend a goreybess over omastar since it has more attacks, (unless you really need those toxic spikes).
Also, if you can predict well then put a choiceband on azumarill which combined with 480atk already will almost always KO most pokemon with aqua jet. Also, you could try a kaputops since it can devestate anything with a swords dance and swift swim combo.
Thats all i can think of right now. Take my suggestions as you want.

i considerd choise band but i just don't like the feeling of having only one move
and i might switch toxicroak for kabutop's i was thnking abou thatt cause i have one on my double rain team
omastar was just a filler so i could change that one
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:04 pm

well heres one more strategy yuo can try for azu. have it have swift swin and make 101 Hp subs, then use bellydrum when you can and sweep. Finally, you might want to try Donphan for more elictric coverage and a spinner/spiker. also, if you want you can try this team aginst me on shoddy. i have 2 UU teams, one which is rain dance. Im on right now so challenge me if you want.
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Coaster

UT points : 6546

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
well heres one more strategy yuo can try for azu. have it have swift swin and make 101 Hp subs, then use bellydrum when you can and sweep. Finally, you might want to try Donphan for more elictric coverage and a spinner/spiker. also, if you want you can try this team aginst me on shoddy. i have 2 UU teams, one which is rain dance. Im on right now so challenge me if you want.
Okay, a few problems with what you just said here. One, Azumarill can't have Swift Swim as an ability, as the only two options are Huge Power and Thick Fat. Two, Donphan is can only Stealth Rock, not set up any Spikes, thus it's not a "Spiker."

Onto the rate.

Persian is inferior to Ambipom in terms of power and that their Speed is the same, so I'll will suggest that for a lead:

Another Rain Dance Team 429
Ambipom @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature ( + Speed, - Special Attack )
~ Fake Out
~ Rain Dance
~ Taunt
~ U-Turn

Same set as Persian's but you would rather go with U-Turn over Toxic so you can come back later and replenish the rain if needed.

I would replace Azumarill with Kabutops, as Kabutops can take advantage of the rain better than Azumarill can:

Another Rain Dance Team 141
Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Attack / 182 Speed
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature ( + Attack, - Special Attack )
~ Swords Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Aqua Jet

Kabutops can get a Swords Dance up if you can force the switch and practically sweep. Waterfall and Stone Edge for STAB and Aqua Jet for Priority.

Toxicroak looks fine, I would prefer Fake Out over Swords Dance for the free hit.

Ludicolo's set and spread looks fine, but go with Life Orb as an item, you want him to be hitting as hard as possible.

Lanturn looks alright, though I would recommend a different set:

Another Rain Dance Team 171
Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 76 Defense / 140 Special Attack / 252 Special Defense
Ability: Volt Absorb
Calm Nature ( + Special Defense, - Attack )
~ Thunderbolt
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Heal Bell

With the spread, you're given a lot of bulk while still hitting hard. Heal Bell is a must since one of Rain Dance Team's biggest weakness is status.

You seem covered with Rain Dance sweepers at this point, so I would recommend another Rain Dance replenisher, and a one that can resist Earthquake that Lanturn and Toxicroak attract and Grass moves that Kabutops and Lanturn attract:

Another Rain Dance Team 334
Altaria @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Defense / 56 Special Defense
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature ( + Special Defense, - Attack ) / Bold Nature ( + Defense, - Attack )
~ Rain Dance
~ Roost
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Ice Beam / Flamethrower

Altaria can take hits like a boss, replenish the rain, and recover all of its HP back. Ice Beam is to take out those Ground and Grass types that you will be switching into, but Flamethrower is there if you find a problem with Steel types walling you. Just make sure you don't have the rain up with you Flamethrower, as the power is weaker in rain.

That's the end of my rate, do what you want with it.

~ Coaster
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Coaster wrote:

Another Rain Dance Team 334
Altaria @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Defense / 56 Special Defense
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature ( + Special Defense, - Attack ) / Bold Nature ( + Defense, - Attack )
~ Rain Dance
~ Roost
~ Dragon Pulse Draco Meteor
~ Ice Beam / Toxic / HP [Psychic] Flamethrower

Altaria can take hits like a boss, replenish the rain, and recover all of its HP back. Ice Beam is to take out those Ground and Grass types that you will be switching into, but Flamethrower is there if you find a problem with Steel types walling you. Just make sure you don't have the rain up with you Flamethrower, as the power is weaker in rain.

Yeah, so you want your rain to last as long as possible, therefore I suggest Draco Meteor over D-Pulse as it punches holes in the other team so your sweepers can come in and revenge kill easily. You won't be staying in long because you want to have the rain up so your sweepers can take advantage of it, therefore the -2 Sp. Attack is an afterthought. Flamethrower = CRAP in the rain and you have rain boosted surfs to take out steelix, aggron, magneton etc... Ice beam is OK I guess, but since Draco Meteor hits everything except steel neutrally, and Steel also resists ice, it really is only useful for Venusaur (who outspeeds and sleep powders you anyways) . Toxic easily wears down bulky waters, the worst thing rain has to face, such as milotic, quagsire, slowking, Poliwrath, and Lapras. HP psychic is really useful for the water absorb Poliwrath and of course, one of the best counters to ran, Toxicroak.

EDIT: Also, lanturn wants thunder over thunderbolt because it has 100% accuracy in the rain. Hydro Pump may also help make-up for Lanturns low attack.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Duskboi

Duskboi

UT points : 5181

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:44 am

I would replace persian with gorbyss as gorbyss gets double speed in rain
Gorbys@Damp Rock
@ 134 Speed 252 Sp Atk 124 HP
Swift Swim

Ice Beam
Phychic
Surf
Rain Dance

OR max its hp and throw some evs into sp. def and speed
and then have a movestt of
Rain Dance
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Batton Pass
Rain Dance
Only problem with this is it cant attack but it can set up your next pokemon amazingly
Back to top Go down
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5319

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Duskboi wrote:
I would replace persian with gorbyss as gorbyss gets double speed in rain
Gorbys@Damp Rock
@ 134 Speed 252 Sp Atk 124 HP
Swift Swim

Ice Beam
Phychic
Surf
Rain Dance

OR max its hp and throw some evs into sp. def and speed
and then have a movestt of
Rain Dance
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Batton Pass
Rain Dance
Only problem with this is it cant attack but it can set up your next pokemon amazingly
This Gorebyss is Taunt-bait if the opponent figures out the set. You need to remove one the stat-boosts and Rain Dance so that Gorebyss doesn't struggle to death. He already has fast Rain Dance set-up Pokemon anyway. Gorebyss should be dishing out damage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Rain Dance Team   Another Rain Dance Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Rain Dance Team
Page 1 of 1