Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Empty
PostSubject: Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT   Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Team Building Process... (Yes I use mostly Smogon sets so don't complain because that doesn't help anyone)

Alright so I really have been wanting to use the Mix Mence set for Altaria for quite a while now, as Dragon is an amazing offensive typing in UU where there are few steels, and the steels that are there can be taken care of with a Fire Blast. Altaria is the first member...

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani334

OK so seeing as this team is based around Altaria, Rapid Spin support would be very nice, as 25% is a lot of damage especially since I am going to be running a life orb. Hitmontop sprang to my mind as UUs premier rapid spinner with access to foresight as well so ghosts cannot block his spin...

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani334 Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani237

I could use a pokemon to help absorb ice attacks directed at Altara, and I also needed this pokemon to be relatively fast because I already see my team isn't that speedy. Choice Scarf Milotic was a pokemon I wanted to try out before, and so Milotic was added...

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani334 Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani237 Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani350

Altaria has trouble with bulky waters who can absorb Draco Meteors, Fire Blasts, and Outrages and can smack it with an ice beam. Venusaur is a great way to dispose of bulky waters early on in the game, switching in on surfs and OHKOing w/ STAB grass attacks. Venusaur also has amazing synergy with Milotic.

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani334Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani237Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani350Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani003

Seeing as now I have a big psychic type weakness, I really wanted a strong pursuiter. Drapion was perfect because he is immune to psychic type attacks, has a respectable base 95 speed, a great movepool, and neutrality to Focus Blast, something many dark types cannot boast...

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani334Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani237Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani350Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani003Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT 452

At this point I needed a reliable lead who can easily get rocks up without having to use a sash, and it should compliment the team nicely. Regirock is what I decided on, being able to 2HKO the common froslass leads as well as having a powerful explosion. Also, seeing as this is more or less an offensive team, Swellow is a problem, therefore his Normal+Flying resistance is a blessing to the team...

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani377Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani334Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani237Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani350Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Emesprani003Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT 452

Onto the Team!

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Regirock
Regirock @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP, 36 Attack, 220 Sp. Def
~Rock Slide
~Stealth Rock
~Earth Quake
~Explosion!!!

OK so this guys easily gets up SR against basically all UU leads unless he gets taunted. Rock Slide over Stone Edge because I hate Stone Edge's accuracy and he isn't meant to be dishing out tons of damage. Explosion is kinda obvious: When my HP is running low, Explode Smile
EQ for coverage purposes.

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Hitmontop
Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP, 240 Attack, 16 Speed
Intimidate
~Foresight
~Rapid Spin
~Close Combat
~Toxic

Slight variation of the standard spinner Hitmontop. 16 Speed EVs to outrun standard 128 Speed EV Rhyperior, and Toxic is to wear down bulky ghosts/waters that love to switch in to Hitmontop. Foresight + Rapid Spin all but assures that I will get my Rapid Spin off, and CC is my chosen STAB move.

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Milotic
Milotic @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 Def
~Hydro Pump
~Surf
~HP [Grass]
~Ice Beam

It's funny how many people keep their Venusaur, +1 Feraligatr etc... in expecting to outspeed me, only to be met with a swift revenge kill. Even dugtrio have switched in on me when I am at like 40% health, just to be killed Very Happy
I run both hydro pump and surf for those situations when I need the power and I need the accuracy. Plus, Milotic doesn't have many any other good options outside of D-Pulse (which is pretty useless when you have ice beam). HP [grass] over electric because I'd rather take out pokemon like quagsire and gastrodon than mantine, who is almost never seen. 4 Def EVs instead of HP so Stealth Rock damage rounds down.

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Venusaur
Venusaur @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 4 HP
~Leaf Storm
~Sleep Powder
~Sludge Bomb
~HP [Ground]

So Specs Venusaur in UU is like Specs Mence in OU, but without the SR weakness and a little less Speed and Sp. Attack. Sludge Bomb has amazing coverage alongside Leaf Storm, not to mention, well OK I'll mention it, it is a powerful STAB move. HP [Ground] helps against pokemon like Registeel and Toxicroak, who resist my main STAB moves. Sleep Powder is good to remove a threat for the time being, but as of now I am questioning its worth on a specs set, as I immediately have to switch out after using it. I am going to test Energy Ball over it for awhile so I can have a STAB grass attack w/out a drawback, and so I can bluff a normal support Venusaur (because no one would expect a leech seeding Saur to have Leaf Stom).

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Drapion
Drapion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
Sniper
~Crunch
~Earthquake
~Aqua Tail
~Pursuit

Here is my Pursuiter Very Happy
Easily takes out Rotom, Alakazam, Espeon, and many others on the switch. Crunch is a reliable, drawback-free STAB attack when the opponent isn't going to switch. Earthquake for good coverage alongside Crunch, and Aqua Tail hits pokemon like Donphan hard and is a good neutral attack in general. The EVs maximize my speed and give me the highest attack possible with a jolly nature.

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Altaria
Altaria @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
120 Attack, 252 Sp. Attack, 136 Speed
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Roost
~Outrage

A great wall-breaker in the UU metagame. After they see Fire Blast it's funny how many people switch in their Clefable or Chansey, only to be 2HKOed with Outrage. Roost is to heal off SR damage (when Hitmontop doesn't really get the opportunity to do so) and life orb recoil. Fire Blast is for bulky grass pokemon who think it is safe to switch in expecting the normal DD set, only to have their Tangrowth seeing Stars.
136 Speed is to outspeed max speed base 55s such as Omastar and Cacturne. 252 Sp. Attack is to power up Altaria's most used attacks, and the rest was dumped into attack.

Rate My Team Very Happy

EDIT: This post got me up to 1000 UT Points Very Happy

Last edited by Shnoogle on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6076

PostSubject: Re: Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT   Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Seems great as usual Shnoogle! my only comments: once altaria is gone, no resistance to ground moves, and 2 pokemon that are weak to it. however, both pokemon that are weak to it are physically defensive, so i think they could take the EQ quite nicely. i have always doubted Foresight... its just one of those moves that seem better on paper in my opinion. i dont think id ever actually have the chance to use it... even if it is there to make sure spin blockers dont work. a bulky one with toxic+rest seems efficient since you have nothing to stall out pokemon, but i think you'd be fine either way!
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7700

PostSubject: Re: Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT   Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:12 pm

saxman1324 wrote:
Seems great as usual Shnoogle! my only comments: once altaria is gone, no resistance to ground moves, and 2 pokemon that are weak to it. however, both pokemon that are weak to it are physically defensive, so i think they could take the EQ quite nicely. i have always doubted Foresight... its just one of those moves that seem better on paper in my opinion. i dont think id ever actually have the chance to use it... even if it is there to make sure spin blockers dont work. a bulky one with toxic+rest seems efficient since you have nothing to stall out pokemon, but i think you'd be fine either way!

Thanks for the rate saxxy Very Happy

About Foresight, I actually have had chance to use it. Lead Froslass are everywhere now on shoddy, and after I rock slide for the 2HKO with Regirock (unless one of them misses) there are usually two layers of spikes up. You'd be surprised how many teams carry another ghost to spin block, as spike-stacking teams with bulky pokemon to abuse roar and abuse ghost's normal immunity are EVERYWHERE. Hitmontop just comes in, foresights on the predicted switch in to a ghost type, and rapid spins the spikes away, pretty much making their froslass' lead useless and I have like over 50% HP left to Close Combat stuff.
It may seem a bit iffy on paper because it takes mega prediction to use it effectively, but it certainly comes in handy.

EQ users aren't that much of a problem since Venu and Milotic can take on ground and rock types fairly easily if need be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT   Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Surprise :D... A UU RMT
Page 1 of 1