Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plz Help With This Team

Go down 
+5
Shnoogle
saxman1324
Nagi-Nagi
Psyneko
Killadav
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Killadav

UT points : 5156

Plz Help With This Team Empty
PostSubject: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:57 am

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: [censored (illegal)]
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect
---
Summary: Swampert is easily one of the most reliable leads in OU due to its excellent bulk and typing, only possessing one weakness to Grass. I prefer it over frailer leads such as Azelf because it is able to sustain damage and survive to come back later in the game. Few other leads can easily dispatch of Swampert, which makes it highly likely that I will be able to set up Stealth Rock.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
Summary: Vaporeon can fit well onto a wide variety of teams, due to its incredible bulk and ability to pass Wishes. Its job on this team is to counter one of OU's most threatening sweepers, Dragon Dance Gyarados, and to provide a means of healing for the team's other members.

Lucario @ Choice Band
Ability: InnerFocus
EVs: 6 Hp/252 Spd/252 Atk
Adamant
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch
---
Summary: Standard CB Luke Packs a punch if used correctly/

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
---
Summary: Latias is key to this team's success; it functions as a lure for Steel-types. Preferably, Scizor will be lured out, but Tyranitar is an extremely common switch in that poses a large threat. I attempt to alleviate this concern by always using Surf first. Scizor is 2HKOd, while most Tyranitar meet the same fate, although Choice Scarfed versions can get in a Pursuit. Scizor will rarely Bullet Punch if Latias is healthy, meaning I am free to outspeed and kill it. Even if Latias is taken out by this attack, however, Magnezone can then switch in to finish Scizor off. I selected the Choice Specs set for its raw power, able to easily create holes in the opponent's team to sweep through.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 Atk/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
---
Summary: Unique for its ability to trap Steels, Magnezone has earned itself a niche in the OU metagame. Its role is to eliminate the one type that can block Salamence from sweeping. Played correctly, Magnezone should open up a clean sweep for its teammate.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
---
Summary: And the final member of the team is none other than its centerpiece and late game sweeper, D-Nite. As stated in the analysis, Dragonite is extremely dangerous because of its versatility, and "is arguably the most effective sweeper in OU."iMO. With opposing Steel-types eliminate, D-Nite IMO should be able to sweep easily with a combination of Dragon Dance and Outrage. Anything that can survive an attack will be hurt significantly, allowing other members of the team to clean up the remains, if there exist any.
Back to top Go down
Psyneko

UT points : 5640

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:30 am

Arghhh too many OU's, why cant people be more original????
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyneku
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6861

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 am

Rampargon wrote:

Quoted for truth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Psyneko

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 am

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Rampargon wrote:

Quoted for truth.

Quoted for hardcore
Back to top Go down
saxman1324

saxman1324

UT points : 6086

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm

its an OU team so its kinda what you expect...

um... i dont go into OU much anymore but i actually see potential for Machamp hurting most of your team. you have two pokes that resist fighting but neither of them will deal with confusion from dynamicpunch very nicely. and as a lead, swampert, whose ability is always censored for some reason, wont last to take the hit. i'd say that stab fighting+ice is probably your biggest weakness, although not many with that combo are in OU. very standard no offense, you could probably find an article with the same exact team and find more advice
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7710

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Rampargon wrote:

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Quoted for truth.

OK I'm seriously sick of seeing this everywhere
The guy posted an RMT because he wanted help on it!
Either post a helpful suggestion, or don't say anything!

He took the tme to write this out to make his team better, maybe show it off a bit etc... NOT to hear people say "Oh, well that's too many OUs, so use less of those"
DUH GUYS!!! He most likely plays OU BATTLES! There is a reason OU pokemon are OU and UU pokemon are UU... because one preforms better than the other. He isn't going to load his team with Underused pokemon to be at a big disadvantage. That's just common sense

And Nagi, you play doubles, so strategy is more important than the tier you use, therefore saying use more UUs when referring to a singles match just makes you seem ignorant because you are unfamiliar with the play style.

So if you want to help the guy out, then do so, but don't post meaningless crap about using too many OUs.

ON TO THE TEAM

Dude, in all honesty this team seems pretty good. I plugged it into Marriland Team Builder and for every weakness you had at least not one, but 2 resistances/immunities! That is pretty impressive. However, this doesn't mean the team doesn't have flaws.

Choice Band Lucario, while it does pack a punch as you say, is really not as useful as SD luke. Any pokemon you would switch into can be taken care of just as easily by a life orb attack than a CB attack. Therefore, throwing SD into the mix and the ability to change moves (albeit with the cost of some HP, but you have vaporeon for that kind of stuff) id highly beneficial. Here is the set I would like you to try out...

Plz Help With This Team Lucario

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Def
Inner Focus
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat
~Crunch
~Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed

OK so here is the set. I recommended Bullet Punch instead of Extreme speed because literally almost every team has a scarf T-Tar now (if you play shoddy... so if you don't play shoddy then you can choose Extreme Speed instead). Because so many pokemon have a Scarf T-Tar, this is how it works... They usually bring in their Scarf T-Tar after your latias has just killed something and pursuit you, or crunch you for the kill. Since they are locked in, you go for the SD on the switch, and if they don't switch, then they are just set-up fodder. Whatever they switch to can be taken out by a CC most of the time, or a crunch. I put jolly as another nature option so you can out speed max speed Rotom forms who try to switch in on you, but they are not as common as bulky Rotoms, so it is more of an afterthought. So you easily dispose of the incoming pokemon after you SD, and they switch back to their scarf T-Tar expecting to absorb an Extreme Speed and hit back hard with an EQ. But! You surprise them with a swift bullet punch to the face and you continue to put the pain on the enemy team until you win, or until you are in Bullet Punch range for an enemy scizor, in which case you have to switch out. Ice Punch is also an option over Crunch to hit Gliscors switching into you, and can take out neutral speed salamences if you have a jolly nature.

One last nitpick, you really don't need both Surf and Thunderbolt on the same Latias set as they both cover steel type pokemon. I prefer surf myself to hit T-Tar and other pokemon like Hippowdon without having to lock yourself into Draco Meteor. Dragon Pulse can replace either thunderbolt or Surf because you will find yourself in a lot of situations where surf/thunderbolt will not kill, but you do not want to take the accuracy risk and the -2 Sp. Attack that comes with Draco Meteor

That's all I have to say and good luck with your future battles Very Happy

EDIT: Although protect is a great move on a lead, I would have to say that roar fits leadpert a lot better just from personal experience. I've been playing competitively for like at least 3 1/2 years now, and I have used many a lead Swamperts in my time, both with protect and roar and even surf I think on one of them. Bottom line is, whenever I used Protect I really wished I had a phazer and I never used the move all that much. At least test roar over protect because it is a great utility move and can help out your team a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6260

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Rampargon wrote:

Quoted for truth.

Hmm, Nagi, why did you ever posted that? You are a mod, for christ sake, the logical thing to do would be to delete the post, as it is spam, and no, this is not mini-modding. A post is considered Spam whenever it doest promote discussion in the thread or, in RMT cases, when it doesnt at least try to give suggestions on how to improve it, you are supposed to set an example for other users, so instead of saying "yeah, its got 6 OU, so I wont even bother looking at synergy or common weaknesses" simply dont post at all -_-

Onto the team itself, the weakness are actually quite few, although I do find a glaring weakness to DD Mence and, with Magnezone gone, SD Scizor. To help with this, I will back up Shnoogles suggestion and say replace Protect with Roar on Pert. SpecsLatias, while wrecking stuff and causing strong issues to common Pokes, doesnt enjoy the DM recoil, so I suggest replacing it with Dragon Pulse, that will still hit hard right off the bat, but wont force you to switch after 1 attack during the late game
Back to top Go down
Psyneko

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 am

Ya but every team I see that people want rated have got like 5 OU's, HELLO there are 492 or something pokemon out there and people just wanna use the ones with higher stats No
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Rampargon wrote:
Ya but every team I see that people want rated have got like 5 OU's, HELLO there are 492 or something pokemon out there and people just wanna use the ones with higher stats No

Hmm... well, let's see

Of that # (492) 49 of them are OU, 9 are BL, 54 are UU, and 150 are NU. The rest are NFE, which means that 220 pokemon aren't really all that good in pokemon battles, bar the select few such as Haunter, Dusclops, Grovyle, Shelgon and a few others. Therfore there are only roughly 282 (I added 10 NFEs to the mix) pokemon who have good use in wifi battles.

Now, if you want your team to become successful and cover weaknesses as well as have good offensive power and relative bulk etc... you need to use the best pokemon for the job you can get. This is why people who are logical in their choosing of pokemon and therefore win more battles than people who play with 4 NUs in OU battles do relatively well when they are matched up with another person for a battle.

Basically, what you are saying is this... Hey dude! let's have an OU battle... But since I don't like people who use OUs because they are too powerful you can only use two of them because otherwise it is just unfair. Then the other guy says, but wait, then it really isn't really a OU tier battle anymore! So let's just have a UU battle! Then you would say, OK fine, but if that is the case, you cannot use chansey, moltres, dugtrio, venusaur, and milotic because they are far too powerful. And you have to bring at least 3 NUs as well. Then the other dude, mad, says see yah!

This is seriously what your thought process is. It is jacked up, dude. When you use any OUs at all, that means you HAVE to either OU or Uber battle. So why load your team with UUs and have a big disadvantage? Pokemon are UU for a reason... they have less potential than OU pokemon and are more easily countered in OU, have poor movepools, bad typing etc... thus you cannot counter certain threats if you vs. an OU team with a half UU/NU team, half OU team.

This brings me to another point, another reason you probably dislike people using OUs, I'm fairly certain, is that you think some of them are too hard to counter, and it is too hard to counter all of the pokemon in the meta-game at once, therefore limiting some of the stronger pokemon's play-time gives you an edge. This is also a little selfish, and albeit there is no team that can beat every team, this is because every team is weak to something, and a well played pokemon that the opponent is weak to can destroy even very well constructed teams.

This is all I have to say, but please, do not say anything more about people abusing OUs... just because you don't like it for your own, stupid reasons, doesn't mean you have to spam and make the original maker of this thread go "Oh look! Someone commented on my team! *clicks on the link to team*... Oh crap, it's just a spammer who hates people who use OUs... ugh"

And L, dude you are a beast Smile
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

UT points : 5155

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Problems:

SD Lucario
Sub Toxic Tran
DD Babiri Tar [to an extent]

How to Fix:
First of all this is a decent team, and you shouldn't be shooed away for using OUs in an OU battle, that is just flat out ridiculous. Shnoogle and L have some of the most educated posts on this forum that I have seen so far, and they should keep doing what they are doing.

Anyways, opposing SD Lucario can give you some trouble as after one swords dance, which it could get on your own lucario locked into stone edge, it can extreme speed and close combat your team for mostly OHKOs. Sub Toxic Tran will poison stall latias and swampert; however wish support can help you deal with this to an extent, although you have to watch how you play latias. Also, DD Babiri Tyranitar could cause you some trouble as it can come in on latias and get +1 to boost its attacks. Lets be honest here, since swampert has no recovery, aside from wish support which will in turn allow it to set up more, swampert won't like taking repeated crunches at all.

I don't see that much of a DD mence weakness since you have stealth rocks and double priority moves to take care of it, so if it locks itself onto an outrage you can take care of it. Latias is also a check to mixmence if you need it. BTW, you may want to test Dragon Pulse > Thunderbolt on your specs latias as well, the coverage drop is almost negligible and now you can lock yourself onto a move that won't make you quite as pursuit bait.

My first suggestion is to take away lucario completely and add physical mixape due to the face that it can remove many of the pokemon that Dragonite may have trouble breaking though. Also, physical mixape can revenge kill DD Babiri Tar and Lucario with mach punch, not needing to worry due to its speed. Mach Punch can also be a useful too against heatran; however your main tool against it will be Latias.

Plz Help With This Team I_goukazaru
Infernape@Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
252Atk/64SpA/192Spe
~Close Combat
~U-turn
~Mach Punch
~Overheat/Fire Blast

Physical mixape will help this team due to the fact that it can remove many pokemon with close combat, absolutely nothing will like switching into it, even bulky gyara and mence will be 2HKOed by CC after SR damage. This exemplifies that physical mixape will help you out a lot as well as becoming a good scout for your team, with U-turn, and keeping many threats in check with mach punch.

That is all I have to say for now, if I need to say anything else, I will say it, gl with your team
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Killadav - This guy up here ^^ is very smart listen to him Smile

Yeah I like that suggestion. I ran a similar set once but with another move over mach punch (Stone Edge, I think)

It will definately help with your SD luke weakness as he said and with toxic stall heatran, although do no switch him in directly to Heatran, as Fire Blasts when you have a hasty nature sting BADLY.

I'd go with Fire Blast in the last slot, mainly because the pokemon you would be using it against die to a super effective fire blast, therefore the -2 Sp. Attack Coming from Overheat is not needed. Some examples... and all of these are using a 31 Sp. attack IV, so it has 260 Sp. Attack

Life Orb Fire Blast vs 252 HP metagross - 110.99%-130.77%... A OHKO 85% of the time when you factor in acuracy
Life Orb Fire Blast vs. 252 HP Skarmory - 147.90%-174.85%...^^
Life Orb Close Combat followed by a Fire Blast on 252 HP, 80 Def, 92 Sp. Def Standard Wall Bronzong (This is like if itis switching in) - 52.66%-62.43% from the first CC and then an individual fire blast does 79.88%-94.08%, so def a 2HKO

I could go on, but I have HW, so yeah, enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

UT points : 5155

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm

thanks Shnoogle, one more suggestion you may want to try out, Sub Toxic Tran will be rendered useless if you use Heal Bell on vaporeon, although I don't know where it has room for it, perhaps over surf, but I would test it in different slots most definitely.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
thanks Shnoogle, one more suggestion you may want to try out, Sub Toxic Tran will be rendered useless if you use Heal Bell on vaporeon, although I don't know where it has room for it, perhaps over surf, but I would test it in different slots most definitely.

HP electric is the only thing that it should be used over, but then his team has a glaring DD Dos weakness, so I'd advise against it.
Basically every member of his team can at least break a sub, but if he gets in on a -2 Draco Meteor his team could have some problems.
I suppose he could just play around the heatrans he faces, but I still don't think heal bell is the best idea as Vappy suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7930

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Hey Guys,
Let's Not Flame,
Shall We?
Keep It In Your Head!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Psyneko

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Rampargon wrote:

Hmm... well, let's see

Of that # (492) 49 of them are OU, 9 are BL, 54 are UU, and 150 are NU. The rest are NFE, which means that 220 pokemon aren't really all that good in pokemon battles, bar the select few such as Haunter, Dusclops, Grovyle, Shelgon and a few others. Therfore there are only roughly 282 (I added 10 NFEs to the mix) pokemon who have good use in wifi battles.

Now, if you want your team to become successful and cover weaknesses as well as have good offensive power and relative bulk etc... you need to use the best pokemon for the job you can get. This is why people who are logical in their choosing of pokemon and therefore win more battles than people who play with 4 NUs in OU battles do relatively well when they are matched up with another person for a battle.

Basically, what you are saying is this... Hey dude! let's have an OU battle... But since I don't like people who use OUs because they are too powerful you can only use two of them because otherwise it is just unfair. Then the other guy says, but wait, then it really isn't really a OU tier battle anymore! So let's just have a UU battle! Then you would say, OK fine, but if that is the case, you cannot use chansey, moltres, dugtrio, venusaur, and milotic because they are far too powerful. And you have to bring at least 3 NUs as well. Then the other dude, mad, says see yah!

This is seriously what your thought process is. It is jacked up, dude. When you use any OUs at all, that means you HAVE to either OU or Uber battle. So why load your team with UUs and have a big disadvantage? Pokemon are UU for a reason... they have less potential than OU pokemon and are more easily countered in OU, have poor movepools, bad typing etc... thus you cannot counter certain threats if you vs. an OU team with a half UU/NU team, half OU team.

This brings me to another point, another reason you probably dislike people using OUs, I'm fairly certain, is that you think some of them are too hard to counter, and it is too hard to counter all of the pokemon in the meta-game at once, therefore limiting some of the stronger pokemon's play-time gives you an edge. This is also a little selfish, and albeit there is no team that can beat every team, this is because every team is weak to something, and a well played pokemon that the opponent is weak to can destroy even very well constructed teams.

This is all I have to say, but please, do not say anything more about people abusing OUs... just because you don't like it for your own, stupid reasons, doesn't mean you have to spam and make the original maker of this thread go "Oh look! Someone commented on my team! *clicks on the link to team*... Oh crap, it's just a spammer who hates people who use OUs... ugh"

And L, dude you are a beast Smile

Urghh can't be bothered to read all that so whatever we'll end it here, and btw everyone has their own oppinions of battling so you can't really have a go at me for sharing mine, hope that we're still friends and when I say bang that's the lot...................BANG

EDIT: Oh and to actually help this team out, I would personally have Blaze Kick on Lucario instead of Crunch but that's just me Razz
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:11 pm

That doesn't help with the team at all, sorry.

A super effective Blaze Kick has 10 less power than a neutral Close Combat. Also, most of the pokemon Blake Kick hits for Super Effective damage are taken care of by Lucario's other moves. Close Combat for Steels and ice types and Crunch for the common Celebi. The only odd ball is bug types, but they have such low defense that Extremespeed and Crunch do over half to most of them anyways. You should not stay in on Scizor in most cases unless you have a swords dance (because that will OHKO) because a CB bullet punch will do just under half, and that paired with life orb isn't very good. The only pokemon it is worth for is forretress, and it doesn't KO max HP/Def anyways.

Plus, he is changing it to the infernape that Juggernaut suggested, so there is no real reason to suggest modifications to his Lucario

Oh and thanks for not reading my long post... I took the time to reply to your spam, and help this guys' team out, but you are too selfish to read something that will take 2 minutes of your life away
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

UT points : 5279

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Shnoogle wrote:

A super effective Blaze Kick has 10 less power than a neutral Close Combat. Also, most of the pokemon Blake Kick hits for Super Effective damage are taken care of by Lucario's other moves. Close Combat for Steels and ice types and Crunch for the common Celebi. The only odd ball is bug types, but they have such low defense that Extremespeed and Crunch do over half to most of them anyways. You should not stay in on Scizor in most cases unless you have a swords dance (because that will OHKO) because a CB bullet punch will do just under half, and that paired with life orb isn't very good. The only pokemon it is worth for is forretress, and it doesn't KO max HP/Def anyways.

Plus, he is changing it to the infernape that Juggernaut suggested, so there is no real reason to suggest modifications to his Lucario

Oh and thanks for not reading my long post... I took the time to reply to your spam, and help this guys' team out, but you are too selfish to read something that will take 2 minutes of your life away

Just saying, I read it, and thought you made some really good points. Wow, 5th gen better improve that list though.

Juggernaut, I like you're infernape.
Plz Help With This Team I_goukazaru
Infernape@Life Orb
252Atk/64SpA/192Spe
~Close Combat
~U-turn
~Mach Punch
~Overheat/Fire Blast

First reason I like it is because its so close to my in-game infernape I used in platinum. would be the same if you replaced OH/blast with flamethrower. Actually, thats the thing I want to change. Just because I'm an accuracy person, and don't like most moves with accuracy under 90, I'd go with flamethrower. You may lose power but a you get the accuracy. However then you might not kill it, idk. maybe if you used my suggestion you could replace naive w/ rash and put some more in speed and take some out of special or physical. However, this is just if you're an accuracy person (like me). otherwise fire blast is good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Psyneko

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 am

Shnoogle wrote:

Ok I'm sorry how about we become friends again Embarassed Yeah Shnoogle has some good advice (much better than mine), so listen to him Smile
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks guys

Rampargon - Sure lol I was never NOT your friend, but whatever Smile
Back to top Go down
Psyneko

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:41 am

Shnoogle wrote:
Thanks guys

Rampargon - Sure lol I was never NOT your friend, but whatever Smile

LMAO Razz
Back to top Go down
Killadav

UT points : 5156

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Killadav wrote:
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: [censored (illegal)]
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
---
Summary: Swampert is easily one of the most reliable leads in OU due to its excellent bulk and typing, only possessing one weakness to Grass. I prefer it over frailer leads such as Azelf because it is able to sustain damage and survive to come back later in the game. Few other leads can easily dispatch of Swampert, which makes it highly likely that I will be able to set up Stealth Rock.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
Summary: Vaporeon can fit well onto a wide variety of teams, due to its incredible bulk and ability to pass Wishes. Its job on this team is to counter one of OU's most threatening sweepers, Dragon Dance Gyarados, and to provide a means of healing for the team's other members.

Infernape@Life Orb
252Atk/64SpA/192Spe
~Close Combat
~U-turn
~Mach Punch
~Overheat/Fire Blast

---------
Because, Juggernaut suggested it. LOL. But i like Infernape over Luke cuz Luke IMO is not all that fast.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
---
Summary: Latias is key to this team's success; it functions as a lure for Steel-types. Preferably, Scizor will be lured out, but Tyranitar is an extremely common switch in that poses a large threat. I attempt to alleviate this concern by always using Surf first. Scizor is 2HKOd, while most Tyranitar meet the same fate, although Choice Scarfed versions can get in a Pursuit. Scizor will rarely Bullet Punch if Latias is healthy, meaning I am free to outspeed and kill it. Even if Latias is taken out by this attack, however, Magnezone can then switch in to finish Scizor off. I selected the Choice Specs set for its raw power, able to easily create holes in the opponent's team to sweep through.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power [Grass]
~ Flash Cannon
~ Explosion

---
Summary: Unique for its ability to trap Steels, Magnezone has earned itself a niche in the OU metagame. Its role is to eliminate the one type that can block Salamence from sweeping. Played correctly, Magnezone should open up a clean sweep for its teammate.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
---
Summary: And the final member of the team is none other than its centerpiece and late game sweeper, D-Nite. As stated in the analysis, Dragonite is extremely dangerous because of its versatility, and "is arguably the most effective sweeper in OU."iMO. With opposing Steel-types eliminate, D-Nite IMO should be able to sweep easily with a combination of Dragon Dance and Outrage. Anything that can survive an attack will be hurt significantly, allowing other members of the team to clean up the remains, if there exist any.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plz Help With This Team   Plz Help With This Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Plz Help With This Team
Page 1 of 1