Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey, its team OU Waffles!

Go down 
+2
iEaturCake
dragonmxz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5990

Hey, its team OU Waffles! Empty
PostSubject: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Ok, this is my very first OU team, so be kind. Its for singals.

sorry i don't have fancy pictures and stuff, havent quite figured out how to do that.
At a glance
Infernape
Gyarados
Gengar
Dragonite
Jolteon
Registeel

Thought process
O.K, for me making teams has always come pretty easily. The way I do it is i start off by thinking of what i want to accomplish, think of a lead that can do part of that( i.e set up, anti,scout,baton pass). This time i wanted a offensive team whos job was to take out pokes as fast as it can while still using a wall to counter stall. So for my anti lead i thought of infernape whos great movepool can be used to take out almost any lead. Example, Focus blast OHKOS T-tar, Grass knot takes care of swampert, Fire Blast is good stab and after fake out can KO most things.

So now i have infernape. And because I like resitances i decided that i would need a water type to stop other pokes that either KO
Infernape or give me a good chance to switch in if they use a water/ground move. I picked Gyarados and with its already high stats usually they are forced to switch while i can gain a free DD so i can pick off my next opponet.

So im thinking, but what if they send in a Zapdos? i cant hit it with EQ and it will OHKO me with a singal thunderbolt. so then i thought of ground types but they didnt appeal to me, plus i wanted another special sweeper so i decide to use Jolteon which would absorb the elitric move and then can revenge kill with HP ice or thunderbolt if i predict a switch. its other moves give it unresisted coverage with its only crack being i cant switch moves with it since i habe a choice specs. Finally with Eq being such a common move i wanted anothe flying type that yet wasnt weak to elictricity. I also wanted a way to cure status but since i HATE blissey i immeditley discounted that. So i used....

Dragonite. With heal bell it can stop status and its other attribute, its physical attack would come in handy too. so i made a mixed cleric/attaker that could hurt and heal at the same time. it also has a nice priority move which allows it to handle way to fast sweepers boosted by insane speed, namely anything that a ninjask could baton pass to. Its other moves are just stab and a move that lets me deal with things like flinch hax jirachi, fire punch.

So now i have a pretty balanced team. Two specials and two attackers, one being able to be a makeshift cleric as well. But i thought that there were still quite a few weakness i had, plus i felt like i needed something to at least semi counter stall. I decided on Registeel because of its 11(!!) resitances and yet another immunity to poison which helps when im dealing with something like toxic blissey. its weaknesses were pretty well covered, ground having two immunitys to it, and fire having 3 resitances. But fighting was a problem since i didn't have much to counter it at all of course excludinf my esistances to it with my flying types with the popularity of choice band machamps dynamic punch. so finally after much thought, my last member was...

Gengar. With 3 immunitys, (now thats 3 immunitys on my team for ground) and immunitys to fighting and normal, it gave me a total on my team of 5 Immunites and resistance to every type in the game. I opted for a mixgar set because i've used it before and it is shocking to people who thought ther ugly fat pink blissey could wall me. it also helps with spreading sleep status around and overall just being a terror.

THREATS

Blissey: This team can counter it in so many ways, its not even funny. The only thing that can't is my regi and dragonite.

Skarmory: Infernape kills this with fire blast and jolteon also strikes it down with thunderbolt.

Gengar: A bit tricky, but my Jolteon easily kills this with shadow ball and my gengar can always hope to win the speed tie, plus my dragonite can wreck it with its high SpD

Heatran: Gyarados can switch in to its FireBlast and OHKO it with EQ, and my dragonite can do the same.

Zapdos: regi counters this, Jolteons HP Ice OHKOS it, Dragonite can damge it.... no real threat.

Scizor: Infernape easily dispatches this and so dose regi as even CB scizor can't 2HKO with SuperPower.

Heracross: Infernape/ RegisSteel.

Gyarados: Jolteon easily KOS it with T-Bolt, Gengar can sleep it and KO, Regi kills this if it dosent run EQ, and if it Runs EQ then it probably dosent run Stone Edge so my gyar can KO it too.

Starmie: Jolteon/ Gengar/ Registeel

Mamoswine: Gyara and Gengar is my best bet aginst this. Jolteon can do at least 60% with shdow ball so if its weak enuff...

So there you have it. I'll go more indepth with the individual sets later and the threats. thanks for rating and bye!

Infernape(Waffles)@ FocusSash
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 SpA, 192 Spe, 62 Atk
Moves
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Fire Blast
-Grass Knot

Ok, this is my lead, it Fake Outs first, and then depending on poke for example Swampert, I Nasty Plot and take the EQ, then Grass Knot it to OHKO. Basically, it can take most any lead in the OU Metagame.

Gyarados(Blueberrys)@ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Indimidate
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 Hp
Moves
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Bounce
-WaterFall

Right, basically your typical Dragon Dancer. DD twice, Then sweep.

Gengar(Bacon)@ Expert Belt
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Spe, 100 Atk, 156 SpA
Moves
-Hypnosis
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Shadow Ball

This is basically a mixgar. I hypnosis, Sub, Focus Punch/ Shadow Ball. Blisseys are always VERY suprised by this.

Dragonite(Maplesyrup)@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Evs: 252 Atk,252Hp,6 Spe
Moves
-Heal Bell
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Claw
-Extreme Speed

He can Heal bell when my team has status, and then attack,attack,attack.

Jolteon(OrangJuice @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Volt Absorb
Evs: 252 Spa, 252 Spe, 6 hp
Moves
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-HP Ice
-Singal Beam

Yep, Choice Specs Jolteon.Gives me immunity to elictric type moves.

Registeel(MUFFIN)@ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 252 Hp, 200 Def, 58 SpD
Moves
-Stealth Rock
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Rest

With 11 resistances and 1 immunity, the types that can hurt him i have my other pokes that i can switch to. This thing has singalhandedly won battles against opponets before.

So thats it. Rate/Comment/HELP!!!!!!!!! Im not sure if its very good yet, plan to test it on shoddy.

Last edited by dragonmxz on Sat May 01, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
iEaturCake

UT points : 5279

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:59 pm

I don't have a whole lotta problems. so i'm not gonna quote with suggestions:
Infernape: I dunno if you can take an EQ from swam[, but if you can I'm fine with it.
Gyarados: I hate bounce. even with its nice little STAB and grass coverage, people will just switch into their skarmory/bronzong to take the hit (or some other electric-type if they don't think you can outspeed it and have EQ)
Gengar: No problems
Dragonite: I don't like staying in so their lucario can HP ice/ice punch me after you're locked into outrage, so I say D-claw. But your choice, fatigue and power or play it safe. I like extrme speed too but would replace for d-dance in case someone tries to switch in their mence (which you should be able to outspeed with 1 d-dance and kill with a D-claw; mine has so far.
Jolteon: I should use when they pwn my first OU team. I like it.
Registeel: Don't know much about registeel so I don't have problems.

Hope this helped.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/iEaturCake
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7710

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Sorry to say this, but without descriptions of why you chose each pokemon/the team building process, this just looks like a random team of pokemon thrown together with no real strategy or anything
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:08 pm

eh, you'll have to give me a while to post the team building process. i was hoping i wouldn't need one... not that i didnt put any thought into this, if you look at the team, every singal type in the game is given at least one resitance and 5 types i have complete immunities with ground having 3. ill post it later when im not lazy anymore.
Back to top Go down
Schizzovism

Schizzovism

UT points : 5238

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Infernape: No real problems here, just be careful predicting so you don't Fake Out when they switch, and instead go for a Nasty Plot. Also, you might want to change from Timid nature since you're using Fake Out, which is physical.

Gyarados: Pretty standard, but get rid of Expert Belt, it's not the most useful item for Gyarados. I'd also prefer a bulkier set since you do have Dragon Dance but that's just my personal preference.

Gengar: Get rid of Zoom Lens, it only works if you're slower and Gengar is too frail to really take a hit well. Expert Belt here, and make it Hasty natured.

Dragonite: This is fine, change it only if you feel you need to after testing battles. I might suggest Roost or Earthquake instead of Heal Bell, but if you use Earthquake a Choice Band might be a better item.

Jolteon: This looks good, maybe make it Timid natured if you want, and I don't think you really need Signal Beam on this team, so you could use Baton Pass there if you want.

Registeel: Looks pretty good, you might want Toxic and/or Explosion on there. I don't really know about the EVs, since they're not on smogon, but test it out to see if it works.

Overall, I don't know how effective this team will be. It seems like you just threw a bunch of Sweepers and a Wall together.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:56 pm

ok, there i just made the thought process. now rate it ok? i also changed the set on infernao a bit, though if you like it how it was with the nastyplot replacing focus blast then tell me alright? ill post the threats section later.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Ok thanks Smile

Infernape wants CC, as it will OHKO t-tar anyways and then you have an answer to blissey w/out resorting to the 70% accurate focus blast

It should be naive in nature, and have 192 Speed EVs, 252 Sp. Attack, and 64 Attack (to outpace all it needs to: postitive base 100s and OHKO standard bliss with CC)

Gyarados is wayyy better off with leftovers or a life orb. After a DD you won't be bluffing a choice item anyways

Dragonite as a cleric doesn't work really unless it is bulky. A set like:

248 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 8 Speed with a Careful nature and These moves: Dragon Claw, Roost, Heal Bell, and Dragon Dance should be good. This allows you to wall special attackers (I've used a Sp. bulky D-Nite and it is seriously amazing) while maintaining offensive pressure and being a bulky cleric.

Gengar looks fine, but it needs an expert belt to ensure the 2HKO on Blissey with focus punch.

Jolteon has no use for signal beam, really... Baton Pass is a great scouting move to get a free switch when they switch a ground pokemon in or blissey. Timid is the better nature here

I don't see what all the rave about registeel is... it isn't that great. But, I guess the moveset is fine
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Made most of the edits you suggeted although for dragonite i kept the moves ( did change the evs a bit for more Hp and no speed) since the only clericing i really want him to do is to heal bell when i need it and most of the time i really dont need it as registeel can absorb toxic and jolteon can absorb paralisis. plus i hate getting walled completley by steel types which is why i will keep the moves i have for it.
Also, this is why registeel is so beastly. You can put a max SpA agnezone that knows hidden power fire and it will only do 29% which gives me enuff time to T-wave, then stealth rock, get a s-toss, and then rest. with parahax i can do even more damage.

Also guys besides making edits i would like to know what you think of the team as a whole. Thanks! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:41 pm

I like how you didnt use Scarf-Tar and Specs Latias lol

it seems fine i guess. You just need to test it, maybe tell us some of the problems you are having, and we can fix them.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 pm

ok ive had 15 matches on shoddy and i won 13 out of 15 with one of them being because i missed bounce. probably the biggest threat is CS Heatran. If gyara is dead then its very difficult to stop it. Infenape with a CC can do damage, switch out switch in after anothe poke dies and fake out it to death, but otherwise.....
However, on the whole ive been winning a lot and most of the games were prety easy to win. Every poke has otten a chance to sweep and they all have at least once, even my regi who swept twice. The only real threat to this is heatran, an oly if gyara and infenape are dead. CC came in handy so thanks for that shnoogle. My dragonites been usefull too with his countering of jirachi and then when a dusknoir burned me then heal bell came into play. Thanks a lot for helping me out! anyone else, feel free to playtest this team if you want. If you do, just tell me how it goes. Thanks! Wink
Back to top Go down
infernoflash

infernoflash

UT points : 5383

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:58 am

You know, Dragonite can't learn both ES and Heal Bell. ES i a HG/SS Egg Move and he can only learn Heal Bell from Pokemon XD. (He can't learn Heal Bell from the HG/SS move tutors either.)
Back to top Go down
Duskboi

Duskboi

UT points : 5190

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I would use Stone Edge over EQ on Gyrados Very Happy

Last edited by Duskboi on Sat May 01, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:52 pm

the heal bell/ ES dosent matter because ive changes the set on dragonite to something much better. I was having trouble with heatran and my set for dragonite was crap so i chnges it to:

Dragonite(Maplesyrup)@ Leftovers
Ability: Inner focus
Evs: 252 HP, 156 Atk, 100 SpD
Moves
-Heal bell
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

This way i can wall Heatran and strike back with a EQ which will KO it, this also works for jirachi and any other steel type that resists dragon claw. He can keep himself alive easily and do a lot of damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, its team OU Waffles!   Hey, its team OU Waffles! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey, its team OU Waffles!
Page 1 of 1