Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latias Uber!

Go down 
+19
frynaut
smellmyskunk2
Beastof2000
ExSolstice
dragonmxz
owned
leafshadow
Administrator
CaseyR
Shnoogle
Neku
mrcatz
SoulSilverHeartGold
Nagi-Nagi
UxieFTW
boris5000
FreaKaz0id
Gir
Dwaggy.
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sweetness

Sweetness

UT points : 5317

Latias Uber! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Well that's a crud move. On my team, it's used in tandem with Dual-Screen Bronzong as a status passer (Psycho Shift/Flame Orb). Now I need a new Pokemon to do the same job.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sweetbitterdarkness
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6249

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Sweetness wrote:
Well that's a crud move. On my team, it's used in tandem with Dual-Screen Bronzong as a status passer (Psycho Shift/Flame Orb). Now I need a new Pokemon to do the same job.
Cresselia

Also, thinking back at it...yeah, banning her was probably for the best, sure, Scizor is used in 1 out of every 3 teams, but countering Scizor is a piece of cake compared to countering what was basically the Mr(s) utility of Uber, seriosuly, if you team had a glaring weakness, some variation of Latias could probably handle it. The only possible exception was ScarfTar, since even Scizor was scared of switching into HPFire...looking at it, with Latias gone to Uber the metagame can truly develop in this few months we have left of Gen IV
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5979

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:40 pm

yea, even scarf tar was easily defeated by scizor, i once owned and won 20 matches straight using a team of latias, heatran, and scizor.
Back to top Go down
Beastof2000

Beastof2000

UT points : 5869

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:01 am

I changed my mind. I'm now "ok" with Latias being uber. It makes the metagame a heck more balanced. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/beastof2000
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6850

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Hhmm...I think Smogon knew that people would grow into their reasoning and understand why Latias would go uber. Explains why Beast is now okay with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Nagi-Nagi wrote:
Hhmm...I think Smogon knew that people would grow into their reasoning and understand why Latias would go uber. Explains why Beast is now okay with it.
What I still dont get is WHY ISNT MOLTRES BL YET?!
Back to top Go down
Nagi-Nagi
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Nagi-Nagi

UT points : 6850

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:45 pm

L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:

I really don't know, but I actually want to keep Moltres in BL. I using one in a new team I made.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NARANagi
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7699

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:

It isn't the end of the testing period yet... it's very close to being so, however
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
glaceonlover11

glaceonlover11

UT points : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 am

i was making a team with latias now uber darn
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:49 am

Salamence is being tested for Uber now too

Mainly since Latias was one of the only really good checks to it, and before Latias was OU Salamence did not have Outrage yet.

On the suspect ladder on Shoddy battle for Smogon, Salamence is banned and I hear people saying that the metagame is much more enjoyable now.
Back to top Go down
glaceonlover11

glaceonlover11

UT points : 6033

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 pm

L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
because it dies from sleath rocks
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:11 pm

glaceonlover11 wrote:
L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
It causes so many switches, and there are so many reliable Spinners in UU compared to OU that rarely will it bother about SR, Roost away and you are fine, kill Frosslass/Spiritomb and you can spin away
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:44 pm

L wrote:
glaceonlover11 wrote:
L wrote:
Nagi-Nagi wrote:
It causes so many switches, and there are so many reliable Spinners in UU compared to OU that rarely will it bother about SR, Roost away and you are fine, kill Frosslass/Spiritomb and you can spin away

Not to mention that the Pokemon who can actually switch into Moltres without taking over half damage are far and few between. The only hard counters to Moltres are Chansey (who is really only seen on hardcore stall teams in UU), Slowking, and Milotic (who takes over half from HP [Grass])
Back to top Go down
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5684

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 am

I do believe that this was a Latias being uber discussion lol. I honestly don't really play UU so I can't say anything on Froslass. but since we're talking about pokemon who should not be in their respective tier what about quagsire? He is a great pokemon in any tier. A good wall, great counter to greedy people who like to set up two dds as well. At first I was kinda disappointed that Latias was gone but now I think of the prospect of DD Tyranitar being revived which is pretty cool. However I'll miss latias nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:11 am

Now that I think about it, I do hope Mence goes to Uber too, my favorite period of the OU Metagame was that short period between Garchomp banned and Salamence not having Outrage
Back to top Go down
omegarion

omegarion

UT points : 5087

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:27 am

CaseyR wrote:
NOOOO!
Sad
I was working on a few teams with Latias...
I don't think it's good enough to be an uber. It's easy to KO with an ice type move. Or possible something else with the right power.

It's actually not true that it's easy to KO with an ice type move. It has base 130 special defense and respectable hp.
Besides, the Uber version of latias will have defensive investment I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latias Uber!   Latias Uber! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Latias Uber!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3