Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My First Team :o

Go down 
+5
owned
nikodem123asdf
dragonmxz
leafshadow
Shad0w
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shad0w

Shad0w

UT points : 5102

My First Team :o Empty
PostSubject: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Hey, I'm shadow an I'm REALLY new to competetive battling so I was hoping you guys could tell me how my first line up is. Feel free to criticize cuz I need all the halp I can get. Very Happy It is made for competetive play and it is a OU team.

My First Team :o Ninjask

2FAST4U (ninjask) @ focus sash
Adamant nature (+atk - spec atk)
252atk/252speed/4def
~Swords Dance
~Protect
~Baton Pass
~X scizzor (make sure taunt doesnt shut me down)

My lead ninjask. His whole purpose is to pull off a +2 atk +2 speed baton pass to whomever it lands on making them an amazing unstoppable beast. The only problem occuring is those freaking tyranitars who just have to ruin EVERYTHING with freeking sand stream!!

My First Team :o Gyrados_128px
Gyrados@life orb
Adamant nature (+atk - spec atk)
252atk/252speed/4specdef
~Dragon Dance(WHY NOT)
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~WATAFALL

Your typical DD gyrados. With help from ninjask this badboy can be a hell of a killer, but those electric attacks....D: HE CANT TAKE THEM. Good thing I have a counter for that.

My First Team :o Electivire

MR ZAPSTER (Electivire)@ Expert belt
Adamant nature (isnt everyone on my team?)
252atk/252speed/4HP
~Cross chop
~Thunder Punch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake

Due to his Special ability, I can switch into him when I expect a electric move and get benefited from it! I can also vise versa when I see a earthquake coming on him. His moveset is solely for getting at least one super effective hit on the majority of everything, and expert belt boosts it further.

My First Team :o S_gengar

PHANT0M (gengar) @expert belt
Timid Nature (omg not adamant) (-atk +speed)
252special atk/252speed
~Shadow Ball
~Energy Ball/ Grass Knot (which is better?)
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast (curse the low accuracy!)

My one special attacker who gets the least from my ninjask. Typical moveset, and is immune to the 2 weaknesses of my lucario (ground,fight)

My First Team :o 227

SCAR (Skarmory) @leftovers/shed shell
Impish nature
252HP/172Def/80atk
~Roost
~Drill Peck
~Stealth Rock
~Roar (somehow i missed whirlwind I dont know how)

My wall. Like gyrados I can switch to electivire for safety, and to gyrados for pesky fire types. He takes attack boost from ninjask quite well and can pack a punch with drill peck. (possible consideration of brave bird?)

My First Team :o Lucario--article_image

Lucario@life orb
Jolly nature
252atk/252speed
~Close Combat
~Shadow Claw
~Swords Dance
~XTREEMSPEED

My last slot. If all else fails, he gets the job done. Yeah, I was hoping for crunch, but he was level 87 when I found it was an egg move p_p Swords Dance is there for re-assurance if ninjask fails.

So thar you havit. Plz rate and comment! I need your halp! Thanks
~Shad0w
Back to top Go down
leafshadow

leafshadow

UT points : 6443

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:13 pm

On Lucario you can try Ice Punch or Stone Edge. And the only major problem I see is a electric weakness shared by 3 Pokemon which would really be a problem if Evire is Gone
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 5981

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Electivire@Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Mild
Evs: 252 Spa, 220 Spe, 36 Atk
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
~ Cross Chop
~ Flamethrower

This will give you a mixed sweeper so you don't get walled by the likes Of registeel and Skarm.
Back to top Go down
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5707

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:05 am

for ninjask i suggest u turn over x scissor cause you wont be able to survive naught turns after getting taunted to b-pass your boosts it is better to run and try again than die!
Back to top Go down
owned

UT points : 5194

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:49 am

nikodem123asdf wrote:
for ninjask i suggest u turn over x scissor cause you wont be able to survive naught turns after getting taunted to b-pass your boosts it is better to run and try again than die!
no x-scissor's better
u-turn will force u to switch, and if u just want to finish something off while keeping ur boosts, it doesnt help
x-scissor has more power anyway
on lucario, crunch>shadow claw, more power
also, i wouldnt recommend ninjask
its a horrible lead
most other leads are happy to c it, they just set up rocks and own it, but if u must use it, feel free
also, ur team has a major weakness to scarf t-tar, who can hit ur whole team pretty hard, ohkoing most of it with 1 of its moves, except skarm, but stone edge will hurt it
also
replace e-vire with a special wall, b/c ur team has none at all
make lucario adamant, b/c otherwise it cant ohko swampert with sded cced
overall, ur team is good, besides those points
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5976

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:06 pm

For Ninjask, give it Leftovers instead of Focus Sash.
Back to top Go down
Darkhunter101

Darkhunter101

UT points : 6085

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:51 pm

CaseyR wrote:
For Ninjask, give it Leftovers instead of Focus Sash.
It doesn't have sub, meaning it needs sash otherwise it'll get killed while it sets up swords dance.
Back to top Go down
oniongravy64
Owner
Owner
oniongravy64

UT points : 14110

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:29 pm

My advice, as with every team, is to try it out yourself against some friends.

You will see common patterns if there are certain weak points in your team. A bit of Kaizen (Japanese for "continuous improvement") is the way to make a good team.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oniongravy64
omegarion

omegarion

UT points : 5089

PostSubject: Nice Team   My First Team :o EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm impressed that this team is your first one ever. Good Job!

One thing I would like to point out to you is that switching to electivire to protect both gyarados AND skarmory is just too predictable. Your opponent will do earthquake on your switch and own your electivire. Adding on that, you don't have enough switch-support in general; your pokes can't take hits well enough and the team can't switch pokemon very well. Once your opponent has seen that you have an E-vire that you switch gyara and skarm to, you don't have any defense. I would strongly recommend adding a few walls/tanks to your team. Start with one special wall and one physical wall, maybe. I would switch skarmory for another wall because he shares the electric weakness with gyarados, which can become fatal in many situations. Find 2 nice walls/tanks that add a larger variety of type-resists to your team and protect your other team members from certain threats. From there, I would say you have a fine team going for you Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Team :o   My First Team :o Empty

Back to top Go down

My First Team :o
Page 1 of 1