Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blumey

Blumey

UT points : 5371

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Empty
PostSubject: First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets   First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:35 am

First things first. Its late at night when i'm posting this so i don't have much time and everytime i have tried posting this before it ended up being so long that it became a long project and i happened to get a server down so i will be uploading this in parts as are following
-The actual pokemon
-The strategy and explanation
-Top threats
-Top lead threats
-Shoddy testing any edits.
-Repeat if i get enough people (even though I probably won't even get enough for step 5)

[center]First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Swampert
Swampert
Swampert@Ownt!@Leftovers@Careful
252 HP, 40 Def., 216 Sp. Def.
-Curse
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

Don't hate on it yet just because it is in lead position.

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Infernape
Infernape
Infernape@ WallBGone@Life Orb@Lonely
152 Attack, 152 Sp. Attack, 206 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot

Yes, I have 2 fire moves and yes, Flare Blitz is a self destruct with sandstorm life orb and maybe even toxic spikes or CC?

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Tyranitar
Tyranitar
Tyranitar@ Crush YOU @ Choice Band @ Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Rock Slide (flinch)
-Earthquake (conjunction with rockslide and ss)
-Crunch (Powerful alternate STAB)
-Pursuit (no tyranitar that doesn't boost should be without it)

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets PorygonZ
Porygon-Z
Porygon-Z@ ERROR @ Choice Specs @ Timid
252 Attack, 252 Speed @ Download
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack
-Trick

This things unfortunately is far frailer than t-tar so it has to run timid... sigh.... It nets Blisseys very well though.

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Registeel
Registeel
Registeel @ IRWall @ Lefties @ Impish
100 HP, 176 Sp. Def, 96 Speed, 136 Def.
-Thunder Wave
-Rest
-Stealth Rocks
-Seismic Toss

Usually comes in second or late game, so i either get early sr even without it on my lead or i have a late game wall sweep tank thing when all threats are removed. Its primarily a semi-stall team, going heavy offensive hammering foes until these two show up and finish it,each with a unique style that works in conjunction with but is not reliant on, each other.

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Shaymin
Shaymin
Shaymin @ Celebi @ Lefties @ Timid
252 HP, 110 Sp. Attack, 148 Speed
-Air Slash
-Seed Flare
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

Plz take time on thinking over whether or not the main sets are actually superior before you dismiss them and please review! Thx!
Back to top Go down
Gir

Gir

UT points : 6250

PostSubject: Re: First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets   First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am

You do realize the with your own Infernape gone, Mixape walks over your team right?. He outspeeds and OHKOs everything on your team. Curse on LeadPert(and any set-up move on any lead in general) is stupid, to start with, you are not getting rock ups, secod, what can you do against phazers? Set-up moves should be used ONLY in the late-game when things are weakened and phazers are gone.
Infernape doesnt need that many attack EVs, splitting them so much you are simply assuring more thing can come in safely, not only that, but without the heavy SpAttk investment and HP Ice, both Salamence and Gyarados can sponge your attacks all day, and so can CM Suicune if she has at least 1 CM(and, although Shaymin fixes this problem a bit, with Latias gone to Ubers you can expect to see more Suicunes, so you need better ways to deal with it.

CB Tar is fine, classic and powerful, no need to change Rock Slide for SE. Just dont say you use it for the "flinch chance", when Tar-21 is outsped by pretty much anything. PZ usually is not a good wall-breaker(Choice Banders/Specers are not sweeper, but 99% of the tie Wallbreakers) and cant revenge kill without Choice Scarf, so I suggest keeping the set, but ditching Choice Specs for Choice Scarf.

Registeel is begging to get taunted, but so are 90% of Registeels, so it is fine, just ba careful, Machamp, Lucario, Infernape, Scizor if he uses Superpower, Salamence, CBTar and other strong hitter WILL leave a huge dent, considering his amazing defenses are off-set by the, not bad, but average, HP, and resting them is basically saying "hey Luc, get another 2 Sword Dances", so watch out for set-up Pokemons. Shaymin is fine in my opinion, when you first posted the set I had my doubt, but the sheer power of Seed Flare combined with the ability to defeat non-cm Blisseys with some luck make the set actually decent
Back to top Go down
Blumey

Blumey

UT points : 5371

PostSubject: Re: First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets   First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Thank you Gir. What would you recommend to patch up the I-nape hole. This, Machamp and Breloom (if they don't reveal it and they remove Shaymin/Inape)

The flinch comment is meant to refer to the fact that one of the purposes of this team is to Get 2-4 Paralysis from Registeel (aggressive I know but Registeel usually gets it done) and then Paraflinch while using the speed boost.

What do you think would work as a good lead in conjunction with my team?

P.S. The reason that I didn't update today but I'm on is that I am going to bed and I am checking email before bed if anyone cares, is skeptical, or wishes to call me someone who does not follow through with what they say...(probably a word for it (not hypocrite))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets   First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets Empty

Back to top Go down

First Non-gimmicky team with custom sets
Page 1 of 1