Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defensive Jirachi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FlareZen

FlareZen

UT points : 5175

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 am

Jirachi (N/A) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp/ 252 Sp.def/ 4 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish (Support)
- Cosmic Power (Stat boost)
- Psychic/Flash Cannon (S.T.A.B)
- Hiddeh Power Ground/Ice/Fighting Thunderbolt (Coverage)

Since jirachi will be slow, it should work well. If used in a tailwind setting or a sandstorm environment. It can set up quicker in tailwind and the sandstorm will chip away the opponent hp.(unless they carry leftovers) As you raise your defense and heal with wish. Of course Psychic/Flash Cannon For the "S.T.A.B" boost. For hidden Power there are threats "Metagross,Salamence,Drapion, etc" if you pick psychic, be best to have fighting to cover dark types.(Pick what type suit you.) with the defensive boost by cosmic power it will absorb hits.

There are flaws to this setting, depending what are the conditions.
This might not work sometimes. However pulled off it can be very useful. (To annoy your opponent. lol)

Last edited by FlareZen on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:34 am

What exactly do the EVs accomplish?

And I'd say that Psychic and Thunderbolt give the best coverage with two moves without resorting to a hidden power
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
FlareZen

FlareZen

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 am

Shnoogle wrote:
What exactly do the EVs accomplish?

And I'd say that Psychic and Thunderbolt give the best coverage with two moves without resorting to a hidden power

There fixed enjoy.
Back to top Go down
CaseyR

CaseyR

UT points : 5976

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Why don't you give it an Impish nature instead of Bold and give it Iron Head and ThunderPunch over Psychic and Thunderbolt? ThunderPunch could possibly paralyze the opponent like Thunderbolt. And Iron Head has STAB and has a high chance of flinching the foe, thus making harder for the opponent to land a hit.
And you should give it max HP.
Back to top Go down
FlareZen

FlareZen

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Because iron head is overused (i like using zen headbutt since it kills pesky fighting types). and also this just a setting anyone can use this of course not the setting i run on mine. But something to share ya know ;P
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

UT points : 5089

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 pm

With Cosmic Power boosting your defenses to the moon, you should probably take away from your defense EVs to max out HP to allow you to tank more hits and have a bigger cushion for Wish and Lefties to inflate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defensive Jirachi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Jirachi   Defensive Jirachi Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive Jirachi
Page 1 of 1