Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My UU Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6821

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am

Been a while since I have done one of these, so here we go.

The Lead

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- AncientPower
- Overheat

~ Basic Moltres really.. Comes in hits hard and then dies/sweeps. AncientPower so I can take out other Moltres ASAP. OverHeat and Fire Blast for Hard Hitting Fire Moves, Air Slash being the only really decent Special Flying Move out there.

Physical Sweeper

Absol @ Choice Band
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Megahorn

Once again.. Basic Banded Absol. I've been thinking about Jolly over Adamant, but I'm not too sure.. Sucker Punch for STAB and a huge chink of Damage. Pursuit and Megahorn to cover Psychic/Ghost and so I don't just need to resort to predicting the move each turn, which will get Old and easy to see coming after a few turns. SuperPower to take on the Steel Types out there..

Tank/Annoyer

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: [censored (illegal)]
EVs: 236 HP / 176 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Yawn
- Rest
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Puts Opponents to Sleep. I switch into the appropriate sweeper. Proceed to hit them until they die.. Rinse and Repeat.. Simple really..

Special Sweeper

Rotom @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 8 Spd / 252 SAtk / 172 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

ThunderBolt and Shadow Ball = STAB Moves.. WoW to Cripple Physical Sweepers and have residual damage on others. Pain Split to heal off Life Orb Damage when my opponent is at a decent health, WoW and Pain Split just increase the damage dealt aswell..

Annoyer

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Seismic Toss

Basically just cripples anything that comes in. Toxic and Leech Seed only fully blocked by Grass/Poison types for who I can deal constant 100 Damage with Seismic Toss. Synthesis to heal off any damage and seen as there isn't many weather teams out there, this is by far better than Rest on this set.

Mixed Wall

Claydol @ Flame Orb/Toxic Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Cosmic Power
- Trick
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

1st Turn. Trick the Orb (Flame/Toxic) 2nd. Set up the Rocks/Cosmic Power and then keep it up until I've maxed the limit of Cosmic Powers, got my rocks up and then just attack. Unfortunately walled by quite a few things, and the lack of Recovery hinders me, but can at least buy me a few turns and waste a lot of PP trying to take me down.

*Not the Team I will be using in the UPL...*
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7701

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 am

OK just for starters... If you ever switch in Claydol to take an attack, the orb will activate before you can trick it... Tricking orbs really isn't the best strategy unless you are Xatu (Early Bird, Rest-Talk, Psycho Shift w/ a flame orb... Can switch sleep and Burn)... Claydol has way too many exploitable weaknesses and no reliable recovery which make Cosmic Power not very good...

U-Turn > Overheat on Moltres... You already have Fire Blast, Overheat isn't going to be doing that much more and doesn't score any notable OHKOs or 2HKOs... Actually, Fire Blast does more over 2 turns than Overheat)

Blastoise really isn't bulky enough to have Rest by itself... It least make it a Resto-Chesto or a sleep talker

I see a majot SD sub salac Feraligatr weakness on this team
It easily sets up a sub on Blastoise, Claydol, Absol locked into Sucker Punch/Pursuit and proceeds to wreck your whole team after a sub. It aqua jets Absol when in [censored (illegal)] range and +2, so you cannot sucker punch. Sceptile eats a Return, say bye to Moltres, Rotom dies to a [censored (illegal)] +2 Aqua Jet after SR etc...
I'd say change Blastoise to Milotic with this moveset

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
248 HP / 252 Defense / 8 Speed
•Recover
•HP [Grass]
•Surf
•Toxic/Ice Beam

This also solves your Sub-Punch azumarill weakness

Oh, and tell me what the purpose of those EVs are on Rotom... I really don't know why you have a sweeper set with basically no speed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Daiko

Daiko

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am

Well, I understand the rest so I'll just go to the Rotom Part.

I don't want Rotom taking a death quickly seen as he is my Sp.Sweeper, and the fact that Moltres covers the Speed for Sweeping, Rotom focuses more on the Bulk and the fact that WoW destroys Physical and Sp.Def helps me against Sp.Attackers..
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 am

OK, but the main point in using Rotom in the first place is because he is fast an has good resistances... you are only capitalizing on the 2nd part... at least make an EV spread that allows him to not be 2HKOed by something, 3HKOed, outspeed certain threats etc...

And seeing as you have no spinner, Moltres won't be sweeping that much, especially since you can only use 1 move while you are in... Not to mention Milotic, the 2nd most used Pokémon in UU completely walls your Moltres
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

UT points : 5089

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 am

I really can't see sceptile's current set doing very much for you. When using a pokemon with Sceptile's stat placement and movepool, it's a real shame to not take advantage of it's huge speed stat. If you want to annoy pokes and force switches, use smogon's subseed set. With Claydol tricking orbs (not that great a strategy as previously stated in the thread but at the moment it still does this) and rotom throwing will-o-wisps at people, you really don't need a 3rd status inflicter seeing as it will just allow your opponent to switch in pokemon that already have a status into those attacks, where as if you were running SubSeed, you could sub up on their switch and put them in a far more difficult position. And with Energy Ball and HP Ice Sceptile get's some pretty great coverage for UU.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:48 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
I really can't see sceptile's current set doing very much for you. When using a pokemon with Sceptile's stat placement and movepool, it's a real shame to not take advantage of it's huge speed stat. If you want to annoy pokes and force switches, use smogon's subseed set. With Claydol tricking orbs (not that great a strategy as previously stated in the thread but at the moment it still does this) and rotom throwing will-o-wisps at people, you really don't need a 3rd status inflicter seeing as it will just allow your opponent to switch in pokemon that already have a status into those attacks, where as if you were running SubSeed, you could sub up on their switch and put them in a far more difficult position. And with Energy Ball and HP Ice Sceptile get's some pretty great coverage for UU.

I couldn't agree more Smile

I kind of skipped over your set, but honestly it's not the best set for Sceptile... Max speed always with Sceptile as that is its main advantage over Venusaur. Then, you can either put the remaining EVs in Defense and Special Defense, or throw them all into Special Attack (recommended).
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6547

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 am

As Shnoogle said, this team has a weakness against an SD sub salac Feraligator, along with an SD Absol, in my opinion.

Moltress: A common UU lead is Donphan. You really can't do that much to him, while he does what he wants, you're, more or less, forced into the switch. That alone poses a disadvantage to it.

Absol: This is a pretty good set. The biggest problem with this is that if they happen to start trying to setup on it, when you use Sucker Punch, or else, eventually see that you're banded from it, they basically try to tempt you into it, knowing that it's a free setup for them.

Blastoise: All the yawn does is forces the switch, in most cases. It's a risk, because, whatever you switch into, may or may not be countered by what they switch into. Lanturn can also hurt this thing pretty badly. It goes for the Thunder Wave, hoping for the rest, and proceeds to Thunder / Thunder Bolt you to death. This set, like Shnoogle said, should be replaced.

Rotom: I like this set a lot. No comment on it.

Sceptile: I like this set as well. The problem with is it can't do that much. They'll instantly know what type of set it is at the first move, and switch into a counter. They then know to be careful of it, and can easily work around it.

Claydol: I find Absol pretty common in UU. Basically, if it's an SD Absol, they setup easily on this thing. From their it proceeds to sweep your entire team. Leaving you, basically, counting on your own Absol to out speed it, which you can't quite rely on. As said, it's walled pretty easily by many other Pokemon.

Hope I helped. Sorry if I repeated anything someone else said, as I just briefly skimmed the other posts.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
Daiko

Daiko

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 am

Elfar wrote:
As Shnoogle said, this team has a weakness against an SD sub salac Feraligator, along with an SD Absol, in my opinion.

Moltress: A common UU lead is Donphan. You really can't do that much to him, while he does what he wants, you're, more or less, forced into the switch. That alone poses a disadvantage to it.

Absol: This is a pretty good set. The biggest problem with this is that if they happen to start trying to setup on it, when you use Sucker Punch, or else, eventually see that you're banded from it, they basically try to tempt you into it, knowing that it's a free setup for them.

Blastoise: All the yawn does is forces the switch, in most cases. It's a risk, because, whatever you switch into, may or may not be countered by what they switch into. Lanturn can also hurt this thing pretty badly. It goes for the Thunder Wave, hoping for the rest, and proceeds to Thunder / Thunder Bolt you to death. This set, like Shnoogle said, should be replaced.

Rotom: I like this set a lot. No comment on it.

Sceptile: I like this set as well. The problem with is it can't do that much. They'll instantly know what type of set it is at the first move, and switch into a counter. They then know to be careful of it, and can easily work around it.

Claydol: I find Absol pretty common in UU. Basically, if it's an SD Absol, they setup easily on this thing. From their it proceeds to sweep your entire team. Leaving you, basically, counting on your own Absol to out speed it, which you can't quite rely on. As said, it's walled pretty easily by many other Pokemon.

Hope I helped. Sorry if I repeated anything someone else said, as I just briefly skimmed the other posts.

Mmhmm.

Thing is, that Sceptile has won me matchs before, so I really like the set personally.. Don't like Sub-Seeding.. At all.

3 Pokemon to Cause Status? Yes.

My question to you is, how would they know that 3 carry status.. It's not as if I tell people I am going to use this team and tell them the sets before the battle.

Claydol was aimed to be my counter (Sort of) to electric Pokemon.

Absol, is just Absol..

Rotom is a Pokemon I would prefer to keep as it is for now.

Milotic may work better, but I normally run Scarfed Rotom, so I have no idea what I am doing with any other one -.-

Sceptile's speed? There are plenty fast Pokemon that can play a more defensive role..
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:11 am

Daiko wrote:
My question to you is, how would they know that 3 carry status.. It's not as if I tell people I am going to use this team and tell them the sets before the battle.

At seeing the Toxic, for example, they would probably guess that, as a staller, you'd have synthesis. And, once you used the leech seed they'd probably switch, now knowing what it carries, other then the fourth move, which is just the move to try to get damage up. They might, more or less, have a Pokemon out just to scout it.
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 am

Elfar wrote:
Daiko wrote:

At seeing the Toxic, for example, they would probably guess that, as a staller, you'd have synthesis. And, once you used the leech seed they'd probably switch, now knowing what it carries, other then the fourth move, which is just the move to try to get damage up. They might, more or less, have a Pokemon out just to scout it.

Mmhmm.. And that is where Seismic Toss comes into play to deal a constant damage to them. I don't believe theres a Pokemon that counters all three

Mismagius with Sub may be a problem for it, but that's what the other Pokemon are there for.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Actually, now that you mentioned it... This team has a humongous weakness to Sub-Nasty Plot/Calm Mind Mismagius

It can easily set up a Sub on Rotom/Claydol/Absol locked into Sucker Punch and proceed to boost its stats and KO every member of the team

Actually, the way you are playing Absol, Spiritomb does it better and easily KOs Mismagius with a set like this

Spirtomb @ Choice Band
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
•Trick
•Shadow Sneak
•Pursuit
•Sucker Punch

Say what you want, but this set is absolutely amazing and easily takes care of Mismagius with a Shadow Sneak coming from 466 Attack after Choice band. Ths set is also a great stall breaker, being able to trick common switch ins like Registeel and Milotic

Elfar, Moltres with a Timid Nature and Max Special Attack does 91% minimum to Donphan assuming standard 52/0 Donphan. Plus, I have been playing UU for quite some time now and have encountered 1 Donphan lead out of hundreds or even thousands of battles... I think Moltres should be more concerned with leads like Uxie and Mesprit who can T-Wave it, and things like lead Arcanine who can take a few air slashes, morning sun off the damage, and kill you with Toxic and Extremespeed over time.
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Elfar, Moltres with a Timid Nature and Max Special Attack does 91% minimum to Donphan assuming standard 52/0 Donphan. Plus, I have been playing UU for quite some time now and have encountered 1 Donphan lead out of hundreds or even thousands of battles... I think Moltres should be more concerned with leads like Uxie and Mesprit who can T-Wave it, and things like lead Arcanine who can take a few air slashes, morning sun off the damage, and kill you with Toxic and Extremespeed over time.

Eh, I haven't played UU in a while, and didn't bother to run the calcs on it, so I just made the assumption. I used to see Donphan lead a lot when I did play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My UU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My UU Team   My UU Team Empty

Back to top Go down

My UU Team
Page 1 of 1