Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Temius

Temius

UT points : 5589

Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? Empty
PostSubject: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:40 pm

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Atk / 216 Spd / 144 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Explosion
The new gold standard azelf lead. Can deal with most other popular leads and get out SS, with the exception of fellow azelfs, with which it struggles

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
My Sandstormer. Partners well with heatran and gegar, absorbing drak-type moves and having its weaknesses offset by their resistances.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Provides a very useful immunity to ground. Pain split is used for recovering sandstorm damage and severely messing up opposing Blisseys

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt
can scare out scizors and deal heavy damage to anyone with a STAB fire blast

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
My sweeper scizor. attracts fire-type moves for heatran to absorb, and can OHKO many pokes after an SD

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
My new favorite suicune set. Can power up immensely and recover off damage with rest

Last edited by Temius on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sunset_Michael

Sunset_Michael

UT points : 5239

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 am

Great team but I would put a bug move like x-scissor on scizzor for STAB and taking out pokemon Celebi and get rid of the Def Evs on azelf and give it a focus sassh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sunsetmichael
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5684

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 pm

May I suggest taking out 4 to 8 Attack EVs from the Azelf lead and putting that into speed so you can either; Taunt or U-turn opposing Azelf leads first. The reason I suggest removing 4 is to outspeed people who just use the same exact EVs as the smogon set, guaranteeing yu to outspeed. The reason I suggest 8 out of attack is because for the smarter trainers who put those 4 EVs into the Speed to outspeed other Zelfs, you would think ahead of those trainers and outspeed them, guaranteed. I know it was confusing but hopefully you undestand what I mean.

I'm not seeing the purpose in Taunt on Heatran, I think if you occupied that slot with say Explosion or Substitute you would be better off.

The rest of your team looks pretty good. Just a few nitpicks. I'm not a fan of SD Scizor but hey whatever floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

i'll probably give heatran sub instead, but I don't want to give azelf the speed evs for one simple reason: most opposing leads would run focus sash, meaning that they would pretty much always just u-turn and kill me, regardless of if I was faster.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

UT points : 7699

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Temius wrote:
i'll probably give heatran sub instead, but I don't want to give azelf the speed evs for one simple reason: most opposing leads would run focus sash, meaning that they would pretty much always just u-turn and kill me, regardless of if I was faster.

Then you U-Turn first...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OctopusOoze
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm

but I still get nothing done
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Temius wrote:

Oh, yeah, that's right. You only bring the other Azelf to there sash so you can pick it off with a BP from Scizor before it explodes on one of your Pokémon. Seriously, listen to Neku, he knows his stuff.

You are extremely weak to offensive CM Suicune. I suggest replacing your own Suicune with a Vaporeon as it is a pretty good counter to Suicune and it fits in your team very well, being able to easily tank hits, dish out damage, and provide wish support for the team.

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Bold Nature... (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
•Surf
•Roar
•Wish
•Protect

Roar is especially good at removing Suicune from the battle after it has used CM a couple of times, which makes it harder to keep switching in do to its lack of recovery. Surf is the obvious STAB move, and the Wish/Protect combo is very effective at stalling out opponents. Just be careful not to Protect on a boosting move as even though Vaporeon is bulky, it isn't a Skarmory or Blissey, so boosted attacks hurt badly.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7919

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Temius wrote:

Oh, yeah, that's right. You only bring the other Azelf to there sash so you can pick it off with a BP from Scizor before it explodes on one of your Pokémon. Seriously, listen to Neku, he knows his stuff.

You are extremely weak to offensive CM Suicune. I suggest replacing your own Suicune with a Vaporeon as it is a pretty good counter to Suicune and it fits in your team very well, being able to easily tank hits, dish out damage, and provide wish support for the team.

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
•Surf
•Roar
•Wish
•Protect

Roar is especially good at removing Suicune from the battle after it has used CM a couple of times, which makes it harder to keep switching in do to its lack of recovery. Surf is the obvious STAB move, and the Wish/Protect combo is very effective at stalling out opponents. Just be careful not to Protect on a boosting move as even though Vaporeon is bulky, it isn't a Skarmory or Blissey, so boosted attacks hurt badly.

Game, set, and match.

Although Vaporeon is a good counter, I use Leafeon because CM only raises SP DEF so a bulky protect/wish Leafeon with Leaf Blade (STAB) can about 2-3HKO
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Temius

Temius

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
Temius wrote:

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
•Surf
•Roar
•Wish
•Protect

yeah, that azelf thing was very stupid of me. Sorry bout that. I don't really see how this set is more useful than suicune. They both do pretty much the same thing, other than suicune being more of a tank. I don't know if I really NEED wish support.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:03 pm

cdplayar wrote:

Game, set, and match.

Although Vaporeon is a good counter, I use Leafeon because CM only raises SP DEF so a bulky protect/wish Leafeon with Leaf Blade (STAB) can about 2-3HKO

Well, offensive Suicune (The kind he has a big weakness to) carries Ice Beam and with 295 Speed it outspeeds defensive variants of Leafeon and grabs a 1HKO with LO Ice Beam.
Back to top Go down
cdplayar

cdplayar

UT points : 7919

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Shnoogle wrote:
cdplayar wrote:

Game, set, and match.

Well, offensive Suicune (The kind he has a big weakness to) carries Ice Beam and with 295 Speed it outspeeds defensive variants of Leafeon and grabs a 1HKO with LO Ice Beam.

True say.
But if the need CM to do sweeper damage, they're gonna switch so they don't get hit OR CM while Leafeon is still out there cause they can probably survive it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cdplayar
Neku

Neku

UT points : 5684

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 am

Temius wrote:
Shnoogle wrote:
Temius wrote:

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
•Surf
•Roar
•Wish
•Protect

yeah, that azelf thing was very stupid of me. Sorry bout that. I don't really see how this set is more useful than suicune. They both do pretty much the same thing, other than suicune being more of a tank. I don't know if I really NEED wish support.

You're right Teminus, nobody absolutely needs Wish support, but it's good to have for several reasons;
1. You can heal your vaporeon, so that he can remain throughout the game.
2. You can pass wishes to your other teammates that have no sort of recovery; IE: Scizor/Heatran.

If you intend on putting sub on that Tran then wish support is extremely helpful, especially since you pack Life Orb, I personally use Sub/Orb Tran on every team I have, but the thing about Tran is you don't want him taking ANY unnecessary damage. I would recommend Wish on vaporeon, I personally use rapid spin on my team though. The idea of subtran is to scare an opponent off and damage the team severely enough so that you can come in with your hardcore sweepers and finish the game. Therefore you want your Heatran around.

PS: thanks shnoogle lol.
Back to top Go down
Shnoogle

Shnoogle

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm

lol no problem Neku lol

Also, when most people see Vaporeon use Wish, they assume the next move will be Protect. If you then perfectly time your switch when they switch you can get a free 50% restore on any Pokémon. Scizor and Heatran are exceptionally good teammates for this strategy because they can easily take the Leaf Storms thrown Vaporeon's way and can then proceed to either Substitute or U-Turn on the expected switch.

As Neku said, Wish isn't only for healing your other team members, it is also Vaporeon's best form of recovery and allows it to stall out quite a few Pokémon. Besides that, there will be many situations in battle where you can grab the opportunity to pass a Wish to one of your other Pokémon, allowing it to stick around longer and wear the other team down much quicker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?   Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whadda ya think 'bout my new SS team?
Page 1 of 1