Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June 15, 2009 - Ampharos

Go down 
+9
JustJohn83
kimahri51992
Valkyrie
Old Gir
CrazyCobi-bomb
thunderXVIII
beast
Coaster
Kanrik
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14530
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

June 15, 2009 - Ampharos Empty
PostSubject: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:54 pm

~Comment, Rate, and Subscribe if you want~

This week, the first week of pokemon of the week, we brought you a pokemon that is even pictured on the sites main banner. It was requested, and personally, I wanted to do this one out of all the requests due to the fact that I liked mine back in Gold and Silver. So without a further moment to do~
Uuttitan Forum's Pokemon of the Week Brings back: Ampharos!

The Requested Set:
Physi-Ros
Adamant
EVs: 200 Hp, 200 Attack, 60 Def, 50 Special Defense
@Muscle Band / Life Orb
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Brick Break
Return / Body Slam / Outrage / Protect / Rest

Thunder Punch: A great physical moves for any pokemon, but its even better for Amphoros. What more could you ask for then a pretty sturdy physical move that gets a nice little stab bonus.

Fire Punch: Its another good physical move that Amphoros learns, and the chance of the burn is nice (if this move burns, I dont remember). Its good for getting Steel, Grass, and Ice pokemon out of the way.

Brick Break: A way to not only get rid of Barrier and Light Screen, but if you need a good way to do some nice damage to Dark, Ice, Rock, and Steel pokemon, this is the way to go.

Return: This is one of the many last move (or if you want to use these for any of the first three, be my guest) candidates that I would say to use. Full happiness makes this quite the nice move to use, I think it gets a max of around 108 base power (I'm not 100% sure on this one)

Body Slam: I added this move just now while re-doing the pokemon of the week. Its a pretty powerful move that can possibly paralyze your opponent. This is just one way to make a slow pokemon fast, para hax your opponent Razz

Outrage: An amazing move. Any pokemon that can learn this is A-Ok in my book. A nice 120 power move, and although there is the small problem of confusion after it ends, its still a very good move to use, and I doubt no one would see it coming from Amphy.

Protect: If you need to scout with a physical pokemon, give it Protect. That way you can atleast survive a move, and if your lucky, your opponent will randomly explode and you wont have to worry about it anymore.

Rest: If you give it a Chesto berry instead of giving it a way to power itself up, give it a way to heal itself. That way you know you'll be able to take a hit, while you heal.

Standard Set - Special-Ros
Modest
EVs: 252 Spat, 110 Sp. Def, 148 Speed / Hp
@Life Orb / Leftovers
Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
Power Gem
Focus Blast
Hp Grass / Ice

Thunderbolt: The second best special move that gets a Stab bonus (the best being Thunder) This move gets to keep its 100 acc and you can even paralyze your opponent just as easy. If you think you have enough power, then go with it.

Charge Beam: If you feel like doing some over kill, use Charge Beam to get the special bonus, get enough of those, and you'll be pretty much set to sweep anything that gets in your way.

Power Gem: This is a great move, because besides Ancient Power, I'm 100% sure it is the only special rock move. Its a good move, good base power, and I'm sure 100 acc, its a great move from getting Flying / Ice pokemon out of your way, and bugs...dont ask me, its super effective on bugs.

Hidden Power - Grass: Ice is a choice, but it would only help against dragon types. Grass type Hidden Power helps you clear away ground, rock, and the evil water/ground type pokemon that may get in your way.

Other Moves:

Combo: Rain Dance + Thunder: This is the best combo you can pull off an Ampharos. Rain Dance gives Thunder 100% accuracy, which means its a powered up Thunderbolt with a better chance to paralyze your foe. With its Special Defense and Hp, its easy for it to take a hit when setting up Rain Dance.

Toxic: If your gonna go special wall, or just want a way to weaken your opponent. Use Toxic. It takes more and more from your opponent each turn, making it extremely easy to use.

Combo: Sub + Focus Punch: If you want to use the power of Physical Ampharos, you can attempt to use this combo. Sub to make sure your focus wont break, and Focus Punch to do the power 150 or so Fighting move, which can be very handy at times.

Thunder Wave: A way to get a 100% chance of para hax, and it can be very helpful to make Ampharos faster then its foes, then again Static can do that as well.

Light Screen: If you want to use a special wall, this is a good way to make it even stronger, and if it does go out, the next pokemon gets to use the rewards of the move Ampharos used.

C-C-C-Combo! Rest + Sleep Talk: You can use Sleep talk while your sleeping to still fight back, and when you wake up, heal yourself again. If you use this, you must remember, Rest only lasts two turns.

Flatter: Doubles strategy, its basically Swagger, but instead, it works for special attack, making it good for powering up a special sweeping partner.

Magnet Rise: This move can make Ampharos the same as Spiritomb, a pokemon with no weaknesses. Magnet Rise gets rid of its only weakness, which happens to be group type moves and pokemon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Coaster
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Coaster

UT points : 6546

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 12:17 am

Glad this is back up Kanrik. I'm kinda sad though you have to redo all of them. Thank god you weren't in like week 14 or something, right? Anyways, I suggest just saving them to a word document just in case another incident occurs.
Back to top Go down
beast

beast

UT points : 7217

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 1:03 am

Coaster wrote:
Glad this is back up Kanrik. I'm kinda sad though you have to redo all of them. Thank god you weren't in like week 14 or something, right? Anyways, I suggest just saving them to a word document just in case another incident occurs.
Yeah i agree with coaster a word or notepad or whatever is needed and yeah Ampharous is now in my top ten favs just because it helps alot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:46 am

Coaster wrote:
Next time I'm hoping that deleting the topics isn't a choice, but I'm not looking for it to happen again
Back to top Go down
thunderXVIII
Admin
Admin
thunderXVIII

UT points : 9813

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 12:09 pm

it wont happen again cause i'll be more attentive to what im deleting
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcous5
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm

thunderXVIII wrote:
it wont happen again cause i'll be more attentive to what im deleting
Dude, dont worry about it, you did what you needed to do Razz
besides, I can delete things in here and whatnot now, let me worry about this, you got the rest of the site to handle Smile
Back to top Go down
thunderXVIII
Admin
Admin
thunderXVIII

UT points : 9813

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:10 pm

thanks man, and great job on the video, it is awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcous5
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 3:15 pm

thunderXVIII wrote:
thanks man, and great job on the video, it is awesome
I'm kinda flopping back and forth on ideas for tomorrow.
I have them written out (I write the videos out first, the topics I write on the spot), but I dont know which one would be better...
Back to top Go down
CrazyCobi-bomb

CrazyCobi-bomb

UT points : 5818

PostSubject: back up   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 am

wow this is back up and yah i totaly agree with coaster
Back to top Go down
Old Gir

Old Gir

UT points : 6148

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Just a small question, why Outrage? Outrage is usually a bad move unless it is Stabbed. Lets not forget, a STAB T-Bolt is 25 points stronger and doesnt lock you. Outrage coverage is pretty neat, but with HP Ice, Ampharos has a good coverage and is still able to switch out and change moves. Other than that, is a pretty nice job, I really liked it
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

UT points : 5516

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 am

just 1 thing are u only going to post physical and special based movesets? en ev-spreads?
I know alot more usefuller and probably better ev-spreads
also just a tip if u want youre pokemon to be more bulky its better the invest in HP
not in def/sp.def only if u want to make it a certain wall i suggest putting in def/sp.def ev's so in ampharos sp.def ev's
also make more then just 2 movesets for it, I really like how u putt the moves next to it and all but you arent stating any usefull ev spreads in it, and which items are probably usefull on it. and u should put in the coverage for the pokemon in which ladder it is in for instance you wont see alot of ampharosses in OU matches more in UU
Back to top Go down
kimahri51992

kimahri51992

UT points : 5597

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:44 am

Valkyrie wrote:
just 1 thing are u only going to post physical and special based movesets? en ev-spreads?
also just a tip if u want youre pokemon to be more bulky its better the invest in HP
not in def/sp.def only if u want to make it a certain wall i suggest putting in def/sp.def ev's so in ampharos sp.def ev's
also make more then just 2 movesets for it, I really like how u putt the moves next to it and all but you arent stating any usefull ev spreads in it, and which items are probably usefull on it. and u should put in the coverage for the pokemon in which ladder it is in for instance you wont see alot of ampharosses in OU matches more in UU

he had more up before. But then some jack@$$ came in and spamed the section, so now he has to start over.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 am

Lets make my day fun, because I was somewhat in a bad mood earlier today, and you brought it back.

Valkyrie wrote:

Actually, you have 3, but who's counting? I can tell that you can't read, since there is a phyiscal and a special one up there. Also, there are many different Combinations I could use, but that would be a book, not a simple topic post. Common Sense is very nice to have.

Valkyrie wrote:

No really? I thought HP would make it less bulky. I felt like spliting it because I was bored. Again, some people don't want it to be completely bulkier, so I made it that way. Please, once again, think before you speak.

Valkyrie wrote:

Thank you for making my day yet again. There were three, but you know what happened? A spammer struck. Before you come in here acting like you've seen the other three threads that are up, ask whats happened in the past. Honestly I would just blow you off, but this kind of insult I'm not in the mood to take. If you don't like it, don't view it, its that simple.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:36 am

Gir wrote:
Just a small question, why Outrage? Outrage is usually a bad move unless it is Stabbed. Lets not forget, a STAB T-Bolt is 25 points stronger and doesnt lock you. Outrage coverage is pretty neat, but with HP Ice, Ampharos has a good coverage and is still able to switch out and change moves. Other than that, is a pretty nice job, I really liked it
Ok, I want you to listen to the title "Physical-Ros", and ask me why I dont have HP Ice or Thunderbolt.

Though thank you for the compliment, and normally I'm not this testy, today just hasn't really been my day.
Back to top Go down
JustJohn83

JustJohn83

UT points : 5415

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:55 am

Nice analysis on Ampharos! I have one EV Trained....Max Spc.Def and Max Spc.Atk. XD
Back to top Go down
http://hcfwesker.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Zikuh

UT points : 5398

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Gir wrote:

But he is saying this for a physical set and it was a small option. Those you said before are ideal for a more special set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pokelijah
StormBreaker2312

StormBreaker2312

UT points : 5467

PostSubject: Nice choice!   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:29 pm

This is awesome, I am planning to put one of these on my next team as well. Those potential movesets are very helpful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
SoulSilverHeartGold

SoulSilverHeartGold

UT points : 7093

PostSubject: Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:11 pm

It is a cool pokemon

Last edited by SoulSilverHeartGold on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/digimonloverseason2
Evil

Evil

UT points : 7634

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:33 pm

You should invest more on defense so it'll take eq like a champ in uu/nu. Just an advice...

I use mine to start rain dance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 15, 2009 - Ampharos   June 15, 2009 - Ampharos Empty

Back to top Go down

June 15, 2009 - Ampharos
Page 1 of 1