Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

August 1st, 2009 - Uxie

Go down 
+5
Darkravenn12
zoids25
Old Gir
Kanrik
thunderXVIII
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thunderXVIII
Admin
Admin
thunderXVIII

UT points : 9813

August 1st, 2009 - Uxie Empty
PostSubject: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:31 am

-Rate, Comment, Subscribe-
Quote :
*Note from thunder* - Don't mind the title of the video guys, this IS the pokemon of the week, i just combined them to save time..hope that's not a problem Kanrik..if it is i'll split & re-upload them, i was just on a time constraint lol ANYWAYS enjoy guys! everything i couldn't explain, is below as usual!!*

This weeks pokemon is by far the wisest of all pokemon, considering it is the being of wisdom. This pokemon is a pretty common lead, but underneath it all, this pokemon can be something you don't want to mess with. It makes its home in a cave on Lake Acuity.

Uuttitan Forum's Pokemon of the Week brings you: Uxie!

Set #1: The standard lead.
Relaxed/Calm/Sassy/Lax/Bold
EVs: 252 hp, 129 def, 129 sp. def
@Lum Berry
Moves:
Yawn/Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Protect/Reflect

Yawn/Thunder Wave: Yawn and Thunder Wave are handy when you want to get some status on the pokemon that just came out. Yawn is good to use with Protect, to guarantee the pokemon falls asleep without any damage being done to Uxie. You could also use Stealth Rock at that time. Thunder Wave is more to get parahax, and unless the opponent has a move to get rid of it, it'll last the rest of the game.

Stealth Rock: This is the only move Uxie gets that is an entry hazard, thus making it the only good choice if you want to throw up something to hurt any of your opponents pokemon that are coming out from then on, unless they have a spinner.

U-Turn: This is a sure fire way, unless they use protect or detect, to get Uxie out of there and deal some damage on the way out. This way, if the foe is sleeping, you can use this time to send out a sweeper and begin to set up.

Protect / Reflect: If you use Yawn, Protect is a great move to make a combo where you wont take damage the last turn the foe is awake (unless they switch). Reflect would be a better choice if you want to set up some defenses on whatever pokemon is coming out next.

Contest Set:
Any Special Defense + Nature
Max Smartness
@Green Scarf
Moves:
Calm Mind
Psychic
Toxic
Future Sight

Future Sight / Psychic + Calm Mind: This is how my Alakazam won the master in both Hoenn and Sinnoh. Psychic and Future site in DPPt both give a +2 bonus if your first to go. Clam Mind doubles that, and sadly, give you no points. If prediction helps you, you should get the lowest score, and make it easier for you to go first.

Toxic: This move can be a way to stall the voltage until you want it to reach max. It only gives +2, but if you use it, then the voltage won't go any higher. If you can time this with Calm Mind and either Psychic or Future Sight, you should be able to get the +8 and then another +5 or +8 from the max voltage!

Note from Kanrik: I want to take this moment to thank the poster of this, Thunder. If it wasn't for his help, we wouldn't have pokemon of the week at all this week. So be sure to check out his other videos and subscribe!

Also, another set will be made while I have some free time down where I'll be at. If I get lucky, I'll be able to surprise you all when I get back =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcous5
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14530
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Don't worry about it Thunder, you saved me the trouble of coming back from a extremely exhausting week to do this, so I don't mind how you did it at all Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
thunderXVIII
Admin
Admin
thunderXVIII

UT points : 9813

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:33 pm

ah good, glad i could help man, thank you for allowing me the honor Cool Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcous5
Old Gir

Old Gir

UT points : 6148

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Its good to see Uxie as the pokemon of the week, she(?) is probably one of the most understimated UU walls. Good job Thunder, I really liked the inclusion of a contest set. Now, with that out of the way, mind if I suggest moving all those SpDef EVs directly into defense? You see, Uxie is weak to Dark/Bug/Ghost.
Bug and Dark are mainly physical moves, so if Uxie has to take a U-turn or Crunch, she must rather take it with a strong Defense, and the only UU ghosts worth of mention are Mismagius, Banneter and Dusclops, the first 2 which are scared as hell of T-wave and the third which doesnt have the special attack to really hurt Uxie
Back to top Go down
zoids25

UT points : 5466

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:09 pm

from what region is uxie?
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6550

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:12 pm

zoids25 wrote:
from what region is uxie?
sinnoh
Back to top Go down
Lucario

Lucario

UT points : 5513

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:51 am

I've always liked Uxie more than the other 3. Probably cause I like Tanks more than Sweepers. :p
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/jasontongrulz
tyranizard164

UT points : 5444

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 pm

like it, and just saying, u can also use amnesia instead of calm mind for the contest, which is good since it has that move when u catch it. Personally i think that whishcash is the best for conests though cus it can learn toxic, amnesia, e quake and future sight, so u can amnesia to go first, use future sight so ur at the bottom and then use e quake
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5874

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Gir wrote:
Its good to see Uxie as the pokemon of the week, she(?) is probably one of the most understimated UU walls. Good job Thunder, I really liked the inclusion of a contest set. Now, with that out of the way, mind if I suggest moving all those SpDef EVs directly into defense? You see, Uxie is weak to Dark/Bug/Ghost.
Bug and Dark are mainly physical moves, so if Uxie has to take a U-turn or Crunch, she must rather take it with a strong Defense, and the only UU ghosts worth of mention are Mismagius, Banneter and Dusclops, the first 2 which are scared as hell of T-wave and the third which doesnt have the special attack to really hurt Uxie

Banette is never special, Mismagius generally carries sub (as far as I know) and dusclops goes physical or uses night shade.
But you're right, Honchkrow with pursuit will scare it a LOT.
Though be afraid of houndoom and Yanmega. They'll kill you faster than you can say "STAB".
Back to top Go down
Stoc15

Stoc15

UT points : 5396

PostSubject: Pokemon of the Week Checkup   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:48 am

So Uxie was this week's Pokemon of the Week? That must of been pretty good update. I'll make sure to keep up with anymore updates to make sure if I can add some good Pokemon to my team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 1st, 2009 - Uxie   August 1st, 2009 - Uxie Empty

Back to top Go down

August 1st, 2009 - Uxie
Page 1 of 1