Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Johto Doubles Team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

UT points : 14546
Location : The Distortion World, its beautiful this time of year

RM Johto Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Just as a brief overview before I get started, while making this team, it kinda became that of a "Trick Storm" team, and yes, all pokemon used are strictly from the Johto region.

Slowking - Tricking (get it, Trick King, tricking?)
~Own Tempo
@Leftovers
Quiet
200 spat, 140 sp. def, 100 Hp, 70 def
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Water Pulse

I want bulky, but I also want it to be able to attack once it sets up the Trick Room. Slowking is more or less support for the rest of the team as well, and leftovers is to nullify sandstorm damage if it isn't the first one knocked out, and too help keep him around longer.

Scizor - X
~Swarm
@[Still deciding, maybe the berry that weakens Fire-type moves?]
Sassy
200 Hp, 252 Sp. Def, 58 att
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head

Scizor is meant to be bulky. Protect is in case I see a pokemon that will probably aim at it with a Fire attack, protect the turn Slowking sets up Trick Room, so that Scizor remains around. Then Swords Dance to get the attack power it needs. X-Scissor and Iron Head for Stab, Iron Head also for the flinching possibilities.

Tyranitar - Tyranny
~Sand Stream
@Life Orb
Brave
140 att, 160 sp. att, 210 Hp
-Rock Slide
-Dark Pulse
-Earth Power
-Aqua Tail

Tyranitar is meant to be a mixer, mainly because there are very few pokemon in the generation that can pull it off in a Sandstorm. Rock Slide is for stab and flinch hax, Dark Pulse also for stab but in case something like Gengar comes up, I have a way to deal with it. Earth Power is for other rock and steel types that rear their ugly heads. Lastly Aqua Tail is to deal with Scizor's fear of Fire as well as to get rid of any ground types that may come up.

Sudowoodo - Odd Tree
~Rock Head
@Life Orb/Leftovers/Muscle Band
Brave
200 att, 200 hp, 110 def
-Rock Slide
-Double-Edge
-Ice Punch
-Wood Hammer

Sudowoodo is straight Physical power. Rock Slide is clearly stab, as well as the possible flinch hax, like Tyranitar. Double-Edge is more or less a finisher, with high base power and no recoil damage from the move itself. Ice Punch is for Grass-types, as well as any Dragons that may rear their ugly heads. The last move is really undecided. Wood Hammer would be great for Water-types, plus the zero recoil damage is great.

Piloswine - Pryce
@Muscle Band
~Snow Cloak
Brave
252 Hp, 252 att, 6 def
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Return
-Ice Shard

Another Physical Sweeper really, EQ is more of a risk really, but there aren't a lot of other choices. Ice Shard is in case something were to happen to Trick Room, and is also good to finish off pokemon. Now, before anyone says "You should use Mamoswine", Mamoswine isn't from Johto, its from Sinnoh.

Donphan - Tusk
@Life Orb
~Sturdy
Brave
200 att, 150 hp, 160 def
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Fire Fang
-Gyro Ball

Donphan is the last, and of course, due to lack of Special Attack, its Physical. EQ is for stab, and it can clear things out if need be. Seed Bomb is perfect for water types, as well as other ground types that may come out of the other side. Fire Fang works well on Ice Types, as well as anything Grass that may try to use Sunny Day to fire off a Solarbeam. Gyro Ball is to use its lack of speed to attack its enemy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pkTrainerKanrik
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Yea, did a little tweaking with Sudowoodo, more or less the last move
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7485

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 pm

The one problem I see here is that once the Trick Room/Slowbro goes down, you start losing your advantage quick. Your guys are bulky, but they can only hold out so long. To remedy this, I think some more stall elements should be included, even if it is just a Toxic staller of some sort.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
relloz6

relloz6

UT points : 5456

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm

or he could add in another trick roomer or he could even do both.
hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:47 pm

relloz6 wrote:
hope I helped.
There aren't any useable Trick Roomers really left in Johto (all the pokemon are Johto region only, hence Piloswine) Although I could throw in Porygon Z
would do better than Donphan because I need a special attacker.

The fun part about doubles, I'm not going for Stall, I'm going for Sweep
Back to top Go down
The Average Battler

The Average Battler

UT points : 5866

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Pk Trainer Kanrik wrote:
relloz6 wrote:
hope I helped.
There aren't any useable Trick Roomers really left in Johto (all the pokemon are Johto region only, hence Piloswine) Although I could throw in Porygon Z

You mean Porygon2, right?
Back to top Go down
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 pm

The Average Battler wrote:
Pk Trainer Kanrik wrote:
relloz6 wrote:
hope I helped.

You mean Porygon2, right?
yea >.> dunno why I put Z
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5890

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:32 pm

First, you may want to add another TR poke. This may be the aforementioned porygon 2, Xatu, or celebi. You haven't got all that many choices... I'd suggest celebi though because you actually could use a faster poke when TR is down (or against another TR team) and because its movepool is pretty good as a supporter. plus it adds some much needed water resistance unlike the others.

secondly, I suggest trashing sudowoodo or donphan (preferably sudowoodo) because they both have similar roles: carry grass moves and attack with loads of power. Trash fire fang on donphan if you keep it, as the fangs are terrible moves un stab'd. I suggest ice shard in this role to add to the team's priority moves or RS/SR (lol I just noticed those are backwards of each other) for obvious purposes. Again, piloswine also feels inferior to donphan to me. they both are physical sweepers that are slow.

Thirdly, get something to get rid of water types (especially physical ones), as your team is just destroyed by them (as seed bomb and wood hammer will fail to OHKO bulky waters not Water/ground), notably gyarados (who takes everything on your team neutrally except for sudowoodo's rock slide (lowered by intimidate=setup fodder)). I suggest running t-bolt on your tyranitar over dark pulse, which is not the best of stabs really (as most psychic types have loads of sp. Def and aren't stupid enough to switch into a t-tar, fearing pursuit).

What the devil is water pulse doing on slowking? Surf is much better; the power is needed. Also I STRONGLY suggest slack off somewhere here.

So the team would look like this....

Slowking - Tricking (get it, Trick King, tricking?)
~Own Tempo
@Leftovers
Quiet
200 spat, 140 sp. def, 100 Hp, 70 def
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Surf

Scizor - X
~Swarm
@[Still deciding, maybe Occa Berry?]
Sassy
200 Hp, 252 Sp. Def, 58 att
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head

Tyranitar - Tyranny
~Sand Stream
@Life Orb
Brave
140 att, 160 sp. att, 210 Hp
-Rock Slide
-Thunderbolt
-Earth Power
-Aqua Tail

Donphan - Tusk
@Life Orb
~Sturdy
Brave
200 att, 150 hp, 160 def
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Ice Shard/Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball

Celebi - ?
@ Leftovers/Light Clay
~Natural Cure
Modest/Quiet
252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD (feel free to make your own spread, I'm terrible at creating them)
-Trick room
-Recover
-Energy Ball
-Heal Bell/Light Screen/Reflect

Adds TR, supports itself with recover, and supports with screens or clerical help.

For the last slot i suggest mantine (who covers the water weakness with his awesome ability), quagsire (same as mantine and isn't hurt by sandstorm) or crobat (preferably, but does not help the scizor problem) to get rid of the lack of earthquake immunity and to cover the bug (heracross and scizor really) weakness in this team. There's a crapload of sets that crobat can run, so I'll let you pick that. Also, it's a good idea to have a fast poke on a TR team as a last resort.

finally, if you want to, you can use magcargo for teh lulz and keep a count of how many sweeps it starts xD

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Greene

Greene

UT points : 7485

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Celebi is too fast to set up TR, it will screw itself up, and he had Water Pulse > Surf on Slowking because this is a doubles team aste title makes abundantly clear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Greene1516
Kanrik
Admin
Admin
Kanrik

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Surf on Slowking would be stupid, since its a doubles team, and they all have horrible Special defense, as Greene mentioned.

I already said earlier that I'm replacing Tusk with Porygon2, because I need another special poke, and it has Charge Beam, so I have nothing to fear on the idea of water types.

Considering Sudowoodo gets a special defense up in a sandstorm, it beats Donphan by a long shot, and also gets stab Rock Slide, which will still do quite a bit to Gyrados, which most are built for speed and power, something trick room likes to tear apart.

I'm not using a Celebi, 100 base speed and your telling me to use it in a Trick Room team, mind you that its 4 on 4, and double battles like that don't last very long.

You also dont see the point of the pokemon being used either, since I even said before this is "Trick Storm", why would I use pokemon that are HURT by my own weather effect? Granted the Mantine is rather slow, all its got going for it is special defense, which is going to really help in the least. Then you say Crobat? Crobat has a base speed of 130, thats the complete opposite of what you want for a trick room team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM Johto Doubles Team   RM Johto Doubles Team Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Johto Doubles Team
Page 1 of 1