Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM First Doubles Team

Go down 
+2
nikodem123asdf
Elfar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

UT points : 6563

RM First Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 am

Well, most of these sets are original. I really like the particular set for Flygon, so that's a smogon set, but I'm still wondering how this fits. Anyway, it's my first doubles and I want to know how good it is.

--NINJASK--

-Moves-
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Substitute
Protect

-Nature-
Jolly

-Item-
Leftovers

-EVs-
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

--SMEARGLE--

-Moves-
Follow me
Taunt
Trick
Encore

-Nature-
Jolly

-Ability-
Own Tempo

-Item-
Choice Scarf

-Evs-
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

--SCIZOR--

-Moves-
Bullet Punch
Baton Pass
Quick Attack
X-Scissor

-Ability-
Technician

-Nature-
Adament

-Item-
Choice Band

-EVs-
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

--JIRACHI--

-Moves-
Iron Head
U-Turn
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch

-Nature-
Adament

-Item-
Choice Scarf

-EVs-
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

--GENGAR--

-Moves-
Shadow Ball
Explosion
Hypnosis
Substitute

-Nature-
Timid

-Item-
Life Orb

-EVs-
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

--FLYGON--

-Moves-
Earthquake
Outrage
U-turn
Stone Edge

-Item-
Choice Scarf

-Nature-
Jolly

-EVs-
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Strategy: My two leads are Smeargle and Ninjask. I go with a trick for Smeargle, on something likely using stealth rock or spikes. Go for a follow me, so everything only hits Smeargle, and then use taunt on the tricked thing, meaning that they can't attack. If they other thing makes one mistake, I use Encore on a special move they use, and then, if nessecary use taunt as well so that renders both pokemon useless. Ninjask, meanwhile, powers up, getting his subs, swordances, etc. in. I should just be able to power up enough, go to Scizor, and sweep the team with Bullet Punch. It has baton pass just to be safe, in case something completely unexpected happens. I can go to Jirachi, if worse comes to worse, by making it even worse, with a flinch hax chance to. Gengar is there to go down fast. He just gets in there, likely with Flyogn, and owns. Flygon does Earthquake own and it can't hit Gengar. It just has those other moves for extra potential ownage. I usually don't plan to get Ninjask's original baton pass on Gengar or Flygon, but will if it gets things done faster, depending on what they have out.

Last edited by Elfar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/elfarz
nikodem123asdf

nikodem123asdf

UT points : 5723

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 am

ev are all messed up, ninjask doesnt need agility it needs protect/x-sizor, why your scizor has substitute and batton pass if it is holding choice band?
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

UT points : 6837

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am

With Speed Boost, Ninjask has no use for Agility, so Protect is really the best option.

Scizor needs another item if you plan to have Substitute and Baton Pass.

Watch out on Gengar! The Life Orb and the Substitute will wear it down pretty quickly, and it seems to be your Sweeper!

Why three physical Sweepers? Try something in there that can pick up the Special Sweeping when Gengar goes down.
Back to top Go down
http://spearpillar.roflforum.net/forum.htm
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

UT points : 5768

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 am

Elfar wrote:
Well, most of these sets are original. I really like the particular set for Flygon, so that's a smogon set, but I'm still wondering how this fits. Anyway, it's my first doubles and I want to know how good it is.

--NINJASK--

-Moves-
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Substitute/ Uturn
Protect

-Nature-
Jolly / Impish

-Item-
Leftovers

-EVs-
176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe

--SMEARGLE--

-Moves-
Follow me / Fake out / Mach punch
Taunt
Trick
Encore / Fake out / Mach punch

-Nature-
Jolly

-Ability-
Own Tempo

-Item-
Choice Scarf

-Evs-
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

--SCIZOR--

-Moves-
Bullet Punch
X-sciccor
Quick Attack
Substitute / Sword dance

-Ability-
Technician

-Nature-
Adament

-Item-
Choice Band

-EVs-
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

--JIRACHI--

-Moves-
Iron Head
U-Turn
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch

-Nature-
Adament

-Item-
Choice Scarf/ Life orb

-EVs-
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

--GENGAR--

-Moves-
Shadow Ball
Explosion
Hypnosis
Focus blast/Tunder bolt

-Nature-
Timid /

-Item-
Choise specs

-EVs-
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

--FLYGON--

-Moves-
Earthquake
Outrage
HP Ice / Air cutter
Stone Edge /Flamethrower

-Item-
Choice Scarf

-Nature-
Docile

-EVs-
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpAtk

all changes Bolt
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:21 am

Yeah I can understand the EV's, but sebasneakers, why are you changing the nature to one that doesn't help Ninjask's speed on bit

Ninjask is made for speed, it needs the nature and the EV's to make it so awesomely annoying!
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 am

Daiko wrote:
Yeah I can understand the EV's, but sebasneakers, why are you changing the nature to one that doesn't help Ninjask's speed on bit

Ninjask is made for speed, it needs the nature and the EV's to make it so awesomely annoying!

to make it a little bulky so it CAN beton pass i forgot ssomthing @ focus sash on the ninjask
it works for me

But i agree ninjask is all about speed
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:49 am

SebaSneakers wrote:
Daiko wrote:

to make it a little bulky so it CAN beton pass i forgot ssomthing @ focus sash on the ninjask
it works for me

But i agree ninjask is all about speed

Even without the Speed Boost, Ninjask can outspeed nigh on everything in the game and get its Sub up.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

UT points : 6566

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 am

Seba, all of your advice makes his team worse
impish sux on ninjask, never use docile, and substitute is way better than u-turn on ninjask
and y defense evs
its pointless, ninjask cant take a hit anyway, and bug-flying makes it even worse
it defeats the purpose, and n point using mach punch when u can just get extreemespeed
if u noticed scizor is choice band, so sd would fail
choice scarf is much better than life orb on rachi
and hp ice and flamethrower and air cutter seba?
its physical not special
btw elfar, replace taunt with spore, as its better
and elfar, what's the strategy?
doubles is all about strategy, so we would prob all appreciate it if u told us what it is
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 am

Darkravenn12 wrote:
impish sux on ninjask, never use docile, and substitute is way better than u-turn on ninjask
and y defense evs
its pointless, ninjask cant take a hit anyway, and bug-flying makes it even worse
it defeats the purpose, and n point using mach punch when u can just get extreemespeed
its physical not special
doubles is all about strategy, so we would prob all appreciate it if u told us what it is

you don't have to be all mad about it i just tryed to help
yeah i forgot to change the choise scarf
i whanted to make flygon a mixed sweeper thats why i used docile (Daiko sugested an extra sp. sweeper)

ok im wrong with the ninjask but i always use mine and it worked out fine
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:11 am

SebaSneakers wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
and y defense evs
its physical not special

i whanted to make flygon a mixed sweeper thats why i used docile (Daiko sugested an extra sp. sweeper)

lol sry if i seemed mad
i really wasnt
that's the problem with the internet
Back to top Go down
SebaSneakers

SebaSneakers

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:36 am

Darkravenn12 wrote:
SebaSneakers wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
and y defense evs
its physical not special

lol sry if i seemed mad
i really wasnt
that's the problem with the internet

its ok x)
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:55 am

Added the strategy in and changed sub on Scizor to X-Scissor and ability on ninjask to protect.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Elfar wrote:
Added the strategy in and changed sub on Scizor to X-Scissor and ability on ninjask to protect.
i dont think u need choice band if you're going to be getting swords dances
i would give it leftovers for recovery or life orb for more power, as cb scizor is mainly a scout
and replace x-scissor with bug bite
bug bite is stronger after technician and can steal berries from pokemon, such as salac berries and liechi berries and ruin their strategy
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Elfar wrote:
i would give it leftovers for recovery or life orb for more power, as cb scizor is mainly a scout
bug bite is stronger after technician and can steal berries from pokemon, such as salac berries and liechi berries and ruin their strategy

Scizor is just for the power boost from Ninjask. Bullet Punch and kill.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Elfar wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Elfar wrote:

Scizor is just for the power boost from Ninjask. Bullet Punch and kill.
Scizor is just for the power boost from Ninjask. Bullet Punch and kill.[/quote]
i still dont think u need cb
life orb is less power, but it works
i mean what if u come against something like a registeel
youll need to switch moves
so replace quick attack with brick break, as you're getting speed boosts as well as swords dances
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Assuming Smeargle is still alive, I'll go for a follow me, and slowly take registeel down.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Elfar wrote:
Assuming Smeargle is still alive, I'll go for a follow me, and slowly take registeel down.
but y?
by that time smeargle would die
why waste it when u can just use life orb and switch moves and ohko it
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Elfar wrote:
but y?

That's why I have baton pass. Just in case an emergency. I baton pass to something else, to take it out quickly, before I move and am stuck on bullet punch.
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5890

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm

although this isn't great commentary, fire moves hit nuetral or SE on 5 of your pokemon. This is problematic because heat wave is so common in doubles. also, you have too many physical sweepers IMO; if smeargle is dead, swampert with a lum berry can come in and more or less wall your team. Why do you have baton pass and QA on scizor? just give it superpower and filler instead. Also I suggest u-turn over x-scissor; it's far superior in every way

Smeargle isn't bulky enough to pull off follow me; use clefable for that
Why do you have encore and trickscarf? doesn't that defeat the point?

Your team is void entirely of status moves; no toxic, t-wave, wow, etc. You're going to be walled easily without toxic and physical sweepers will have fun tearing through your team.

Personally I don't like this team much. It doesn't seem like it'll work all that well...
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Gastrotress wrote:
although this isn't great commentary, fire moves hit nuetral or SE on 5 of your pokemon. This is problematic because heat wave is so common in doubles. also, you have too many physical sweepers IMO; if smeargle is dead, swampert with a lum berry can come in and more or less wall your team. Why do you have baton pass and QA on scizor? just give it superpower and filler instead. Also I suggest u-turn over x-scissor; it's far superior in every way

Smeargle isn't bulky enough to pull off follow me; use clefable for that
Why do you have encore and trickscarf? doesn't that defeat the point?

Your team is void entirely of status moves; no toxic, t-wave, wow, etc. You're going to be walled easily without toxic and physical sweepers will have fun tearing through your team.

Personally I don't like this team much. It doesn't seem like it'll work all that well...

Encore is for the other pokemon that they had out. Then I can pull off the same thing, after the trick is used up. Again, this was my first doubles team, so I just did the best I could.
Back to top Go down
Darkravenn12

Darkravenn12

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Elfar wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Elfar wrote:
but y?

That's why I have baton pass. Just in case an emergency. I baton pass to something else, to take it out quickly, before I move and am stuck on bullet punch.
i still dont c the point
why cb?
ull have enough attack as is
there's no point having baton pass if u can just have life orb and kill it
and baton pass to what?
jirachi?
well jirachi has a scarf so youll also be locked into a move, and if u go to gengar your wasting the swords dance

Last edited by Darkravenn12 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elfar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Elfar

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Darkravenn12 wrote:
Elfar wrote:
Darkravenn12 wrote:
Elfar wrote:
but y?

i still dont c the point
why cb?
ull have enough attack as is
there's no point having baton pass if u can just have life orb and kill it

This still gets closer to a better sweep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM First Doubles Team   RM First Doubles Team Empty

Back to top Go down

RM First Doubles Team
Page 1 of 1