Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM Doubles Team

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wiggly

Wiggly

UT points : 5234

RM Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: RM Doubles Team   RM Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Manetric
Nature: Timid
Ability: Lightning Rod
Item: Shuca Berry
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Moveset:
Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
Thunder Wave
Flamethrower
Signal Beam

Manetric is going to be going out with another pokemon as a lead. It's Lightning Rod ability will take away it's Quad weakness, and may let it set up. Other then that, it's a Sweeper.

Pelipper
Nature: Bold
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Focus Sash
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Defence / 6 Hp
Moveset:
Tailwind
Air Slash
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

The other lead for Manetric. Pelipper doesn't have the greastest HP, but it has a heck of a lot of defence, so I put it's EVs into it. Pelipper really just needs to set up Tailwind, that's when I can let it die to let out another pokemon. To make that easier, Manetric gets rid of his quad weakness: Eletric. Hydro Pump over Surf for power and Surf hitting Manetric in the battle.

Wigglytuff
Ability: Cute Charm
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Defence / 6 Sp. Defence
Moveset:
Pain Split
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock

Quite the opposite of Pelipper. This is a lead that can replace Pelipper if I wanted him there. I put up Defence evs because I felt that he needed them. After I experiment with this team, I'll change the Evs around as I see fit. Pain Split is a HG/SS Move Tutor move, and it makes an excellent addition to this tough puffs moveset.

Victreebel
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Chlorphyll
Item: Life Orb
Evs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Moveset:
Gastro Acid
Leaf Blade
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Gastro Acid is for the next pokemon in my roster. If you can't figure it out, well then, ha! If I'm able to get up a Swords Dance, this thing will have happy sweeping. Suka Pawnch if for those cocky Psychic types.

Slaking
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Traunt
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moveset:
Return
Sucker Punch / Slack Off / Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Brick Break

I don't know why people dont use this outstanding pokemon? Sure, it's ability is a letdown, but it's great if you use Giga Impact. It has amazing base stats. I'm suprised it has 100 Base Speed! You would think it would be slow. This is a great sweeper.

Drapion
Ability: Sniper
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:
Cross Poison
Night Slash
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Drapion is also a pokemon that has great stats but it never used. I have made this a sweeper set and given it a Choice Band to maximize damage. I don't like using Choice Items, but in this case, I'm glad to.

Last edited by Wiggly on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gundom81

Gundom81

UT points : 5390

RM Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Doubles Team   RM Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Just to tell you Worry Seed dosen't work on slaking. Gastro Acid, Role Play and Skill Swap do work.
Back to top Go down
Wiggly

Wiggly

UT points : 5234

RM Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Doubles Team   RM Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Isn't Worry Seed the one that only targets enemies? I confuse Gastro Acid and Worry seed...
Back to top Go down
Gastrotress

Gastrotress

UT points : 5890

RM Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Doubles Team   RM Doubles Team EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Wiggly wrote:
Manetric
Nature: Timid
Ability: Lightning Rod
Item: Shuca Berry
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Moveset:
Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
Thunder Wave
Flamethrower
Signal Beam

Manetric is going to be going out with another pokemon as a lead. It's Lightning Rod ability will take away it's Quad weakness, and may let it set up. Other then that, it's a Sweeper.

Charge beam is not for manectric; it's not bulky enough to make good use of it. go for t-bolt. I strongly suggest overheat over flamethrower. maybe stick substitute or quick attack over t-wave?

Pelipper
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Focus Sash
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Defence / 6 Hp
Moveset:
Tailwind
Air Slash
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

The other lead for Manetric. Pelipper doesn't have the greastest HP, but it has a heck of a lot of defence, so I put it's EVs into it. Pelipper really just needs to set up Tailwind, that's when I can let it die to let out another pokemon. To make that easier, Manetric gets rid of his quad weakness: Eletric. Hydro Pump over Surf for power and Surf hitting Manetric in the battle.

Pelliper is not ev'd right; you wanna stick most ev's into hp and splite the remains between Sp. A and defence. Anyways I've never seen success from a pelliper except a choice scpecs one; it's not very good honestly...

Wigglytuff
Ability: Cute Charm
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Defence / 6 Sp. Defence
Moveset:
Pain Split
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock

Quite the opposite of Pelipper. This is a lead that can replace Pelipper if I wanted him there. I put up Defence evs because I felt that he needed them. After I experiment with this team, I'll change the Evs around as I see fit. Pain Split is a HG/SS Move Tutor move, and it makes an excellent addition to this tough puffs moveset.

Again, ev'd wrong... put most of its ev's into its defences and leave a little in HP. Pain split defeats the point (your opponent will pretty much always heal due to its gargantuan hp stat) but the other moves are good.

Victreebel
Ability: Chlorphyll
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
Gastro Acid
Leaf Blade
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Gastro Acid is for the next pokemon in my roster. If you can't figure it out, well then, ha! If I'm able to get up a Swords Dance, this thing will have happy sweeping. Suka Pawnch if for those cocky Psychic types.

I was about to mention that worry seed doesn't work on slaking, but you fixed it before I could post. Anyways, it's fine now.

Slaking
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Traunt
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moveset:
Return
Sucker Punch / Slack Off / Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Brick Break

I don't know why people dont use this outstanding pokemon? Sure, it's ability is a letdown, but it's great if you use Giga Impact. It has amazing base stats. I'm suprised it has 100 Base Speed! You would think it would be slow. This is a great sweeper.

I suggest you put leftovers on slaking; they'll work better IMO. the rest is fine. Oh and the reason nobody uses slaking is because it's very easily taken advantage of... the turn that you set up, it'll be aimed for and likely ko'd...

Drapion
Ability: Sniper
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:
Cross Poison
Night Slash
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Drapion is also a pokemon that has great stats but it never used. I have made this a sweeper set and given it a Choice Band to maximize damage. I don't like using Choice Items, but in this case, I'm glad to.

Why waste drapion as a CB poke when it has so many support moves and such a limited movepool? I suggest keeping night slash and EQ but stick toxic spikes and taunt on there too; give it a black sludge if you do that.

Suggestions in bold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RM Doubles Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: RM Doubles Team   RM Doubles Team Empty

Back to top Go down

RM Doubles Team
Page 1 of 1