Uuttitan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Uuttitan Community Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RM: omastar lead

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrcatz

mrcatz

UT points : 8688
Location : you wonder why your mom was acting strange this morning O.o

RM: omastar lead Empty
PostSubject: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

I need some opinions on an omastar I've been working on.

Omastar
timid
252 sp atk/ 176 def/ 76 spd
Item????????

Toxic spikes
surf
protect/ knock off
ancient power
Stealth rock

Not sure on the item or if I should keep ancient power, any suggestions

Last edited by mrcatz on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

UT points : 5452

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 am

drop ancient power and add toxic spikes it helps in the long run
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 am

noheartx wrote:
drop ancient power and add toxic spikes it helps in the long run

lol it is already there. I deleted ancient power for stelath rocks
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 6003

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

the only problem i see with this is that if a poke who can use thunderbolt comes out, your screwed. lots of pokemon can peform the spikes/ stealth rock combonation better. you could also try hiddenpower ground to remove its weakness to elictic or at least set up a rain dance.
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:09 pm

well hes a def wall so if any special sweeper comes out itll be a switch and these things are really good but my EV spread is different and he knows haze instead of protect
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:11 pm

yeh he will be a physical wall so I am not staying in for anything with t-bolt. I also don't sav so I can't get hp ground unless that's his actual type. I may give him knock off over protect if I don't want to toxic stall
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

UT points : 5294

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Name a physical sweeper who doesn't use Fighting/Electric/Grass/Ground and is able to be taken down via Surf that is common enough in the OU/UU/NU metagame to warrant it a threat.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Name a physical sweeper who doesn't use Fighting/Electric/Grass/Ground and is able to be taken down via Surf that is common enough in the OU/UU/NU metagame to warrant it a threat.

seviper
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Seviper has Earthquake on just about every standard set.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Seviper has Earthquake on just about every standard set.

not mine and why are you asking me to name physical sweepers. I'm giving him a lot of deefense ev's. I worried about special sweepers
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Oh, your specific Seviper doesn't use Earthquake. I guess that totally throws the logic of every other Seviper running it out the window.

What the hell is Omastar going to wall? It's weak to everything. Wasn't necessarily pointed at you, just everyone making the statement it is going to 'wall' physical threats.
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:10 pm

its ok i use one like this and it takes EQ like a pro
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:38 pm

LO Jolly Venasaur's Earthquake: 148 - 176 (52.67% - 62.63%) (2HKO)
Tank Registeel's Earthquake: 92 - 110 (32.74% - 39.15%) (3HKO)
+1 Registeel's Earthquake: 128 - 152 (45.55% - 54.09%) (2HKO with SR)
Standard Donphan's Earthquake: 242 - 288 (86.12% - 102.49%) (92% OHKO with SR)
Standard Rhyperior's Earthquake: 270 - 320 (96.09% - 113.88%) (OHKO with SR, 79% OHKO without)
Standard Steelix's Earthquake: 134 - 162 (47.69% - 57.65%) (2HKO with SR, 89% 2HKO without)
LO Dugtrio's Earthquake: 218 - 260 (77.58% - 92.53%) (33% OHKO with SR)
Choice Band Dugtrio's Earthquake: 254 - 300 (90.39% - 106.76%) (OHKO with SR, 41% OHKO without)
+2 Sceptile's Earthquake: 304 - 358 (108.19% - 127.40%) (OHKO, 2HKO without +2)
+1 Feraligatr's Earthquake: 288 - 340 (102.49% - 121.00%) (OHKO, 2HKO without +1)
+2 Feraligatr's Earthquake: 384 - 452 (136.65% - 160.85%) (OHKO, 2HKO without +2)
+2 Drapion's Earthquake: 316 - 374 (112.46% - 133.10%) (OHKO, 2HKO without +2)

So it can take Registeel's Earthquake without getting KO'd by the second one and only non-offensive forms. That's really taking them like a champ.
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

well i can take a plus 1 EQ from feraligatr without 2 hit KO ive tested with my friend
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

noheartx wrote:
well i can take a plus 1 EQ from feraligatr without 2 hit KO ive tested with my friend
Cool story bro.

The set provided by OP cannot take physical hits well even with Omastar's high base Defense. Rock/Water is terrible typing outside of weather teams, and even then it's pretty poor as both SS and RD teams have issues with Grass. I'd suggest you reinvest the Sp.A Ev's into HP to help take hits better since you only have Surf to hit with. And running a + Defense nature will render better results. Unless there is a point you need to hit with Speed that you can't with a neutral nature, run a + nature in the highest base stat you are investing in. This is a general rule for Ev's.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

okay can someone lock this cuz I see a flame war coming, from me. This sing wass originally a lead. That is it's primary function. Once it sets up, I'm practically done with it. I've had other suggestions for it to be a wall and I thought why not. I don't make sets strategically, I make random original ones. I realize you're trying to help but I'd prefer to do it my way. You're the only one that doesn't like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Look back at my last post as I post some helpful ideas of how to make the set more efficient.

I'm the only one who doesn't like it because I'm the one using calculations, logic, and taking other Pokemon into account. Doing random original sets is nice until you start competitive battling. And this set is not original, it's a pretty standard Omastar outside of RD sweeping.
Back to top Go down
dragonmxz

dragonmxz

UT points : 6003

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Are you accounting for ivs?
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

dragonmxz wrote:
No I'm so silly and lame that I forgot to apply Iv's. If you think I messed up my calcs, go ahead and run Omastar with 0 HP and 176 Defensive investments and tell me where I made a major mistake.

Sorry, done way way way too many calcs. Missing a rookie mistake like that is very very very rare in my book.
Back to top Go down
mrcatz

mrcatz

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Herpdidderp wrote:
Look back at my last post as I post some helpful ideas of how to make the set more efficient.

I'm the only one who doesn't like it because I'm the one using calculations, logic, and taking other Pokemon into account. Doing random original sets is nice until you start competitive battling. And this set is not original, it's a pretty standard Omastar outside of RD sweeping.

yeah my post went up after yours so I didn't get a chance to read it. I overreacted. I realize he isn't the best wall but again, a wall is his second priority. I'm useing him mainly as a lead
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

mrcatz wrote:
Herpdidderp wrote:

yeah my post went up after yours so I didn't get a chance to read it. I overreacted. I realize he isn't the best wall but again, a wall is his second priority. I'm useing him mainly as a lead
I used Omastar as a lead in OU and found it very lackluster, UU would probably be a better environment. However I would personally wait until HGSS comes out to start using it. With the Mail items you can deal with the common Trick Uxie lead more effectively and set up. Rapid Spin should also be an option. Again look into reinvesting those Sp.A Ev's to focus on Omastar's Defense unless you are running RD/SS (and even then use less Sp.A).
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:04 pm

wow you can do math in a calculator im impressed how about actually doing the experiment
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:08 pm

noheartx wrote:
wow you can do math in a calculator im impressed how about actually doing the experiment
Herpdidderp wrote:
I used Omastar as a lead in OU and found it very lackluster
Already did, that's why I know it's tough to use outside of UU and even then there's a lot more offensive Grass types there to deal with. And I believe your point was for me to use a calculator and not experiment iirc...
noheartx wrote:
Yeah, so I answered your question and I have had past experience with Omastar as a lead. Speaking a little too fast before knowing me buddy.

Last edited by Herpdidderp on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noheartx

noheartx

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm

first of all i didnt ask if you accounted for ivs and ur obviously just trying to make me look bad because you spelled my name wrong so good job with that and as for many sweepers having grass type moves ive only faced a shiftry and a gallade with leaf blade so theyre not as common as you think
Back to top Go down
Herpdidderp

Herpdidderp

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

noheartx wrote:
first of all i didnt ask if you accounted for ivs and ur obviously just trying to make me look bad because you spelled my name wrong so good job with that and as for many sweepers having grass type moves ive only faced a shiftry and a gallade with leaf blade so theyre not as common as you think
Ah, my bad, doing lots of things at once. My bad about the spelling error. However that comment about sweepers not using Grass attacks is so terribly terribly wrong. Unless you meant PHYSICAL sweepers and then I would have to point out Sceptile and Venasaur are huge UU threats (Venasaur was #1 in Jan) and both use STAB Grass attacks. Donphan uses Seed Bomb, and so do others, though I do agree outside of that it isn't super common coverage. However just because you specifically have not faced many does not mean there aren't any out there. Not to mention many could have had a Grass attack in their moveset but simply did not use it. On mix and special sweeping sets Grass coverage is common.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RM: omastar lead   RM: omastar lead Empty

Back to top Go down

RM: omastar lead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next